X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• East Coast Storm (Dec 26, 2010)

Nasty storm from SC to Maine...
    Be real careful traveling out there...
    It's still trying to snow here in Savannah...
    Last edited by DEEPNHOCK; 12-26-2010, 06:38 AM.
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

No snow here yet but it is 33o and WINDY!!!
    Neil Thornton

Comment

Hard snow fluuries right now (10am) near Statesboro, GA

Originally posted by rockinhawk View Post
      No snow here yet but it is 33o and WINDY!!!
      Last edited by DEEPNHOCK; 12-26-2010, 07:19 AM.

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
        Hard snow fluuries right now (10am) near Statesboro, GA
        Snow got here about the same time. Here at the "North Trail" the flurries are light and sticking a little but soon melt. I went out awhile ago to do the dog and pony thing,and noticed it sticking to my Transtar somewhat. NT
        Neil Thornton

Comment

Stout freeze next 3 mornings in Central Fla. Weather Channel calling for 24 , 24 , 27.
          I'll do the usual protection thing , but bigger stuff will have to freeze. In the earlier freeze
          2 weeks ago, I had 27 one morning , and moderate damage , but this one should finish things off.
          Bill H
          Daytona Beach
          SDC member since 1970
          Owner of The Skeeter Hawk .

Comment

Here in the coastal area of SE CT we are just starting to get what my step-father referred to as "flow-snurries!" at 32 degrees. I recall he also created the word--"treace peaty" when discussing global affairs. At this time the accumulation is about 1/4" and the roofs are turning white. If the weather guys and gals are correct we may get up to 10" in this area.
            "Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." author unknown

Comment

Here in NYC the snow has been falling since about 10:30/11 o'clock. Plows are out, I live on a main N/S Street through Staten Island. I was going to get the battery and charge it today. It figures! I was planning to get the Champion to the mechanic to replace the engine. Car is stored in a garage four miles from the house. Gee, and my wife says that I do not have any patience!!!
              1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

I bought Skip Lackie's Tahoe 4 wheel drive, so I'm ready.
                JDP Maryland

Comment

Look up 'Spoonerism' ....

Originally posted by Bob Bryant View Post
                  Here in the coastal area of SE CT we are just starting to get what my step-father referred to as "flow-snurries!" at 32 degrees. I recall he also created the word--"treace peaty" when discussing global affairs. At this time the accumulation is about 1/4" and the roofs are turning white. If the weather guys and gals are correct we may get up to 10" in this area.

Jeff

Comment

We're getting pounded in SW CT. 5 inches on the ground, accumulating at an inch or two per hour and scheduled to keep going deep into tomorrow.

Much shoveling ahead.

Comment

I was up at 4:00 am and the ground was covered here with the white stuff. When I got up again about 8:00 it was snowing like crazy. We had power in the house and garage, but not in the "office," thus no internet since that is where the routers and wireless stuff is. At that point we had 7" on the ground and it was still coming down. About 2:30 we lost power in the house and garage. That means no two water pumps without heat . About 6:00 pm the power went on in the office, which means at least one pump has heat. The house is still in the dark, but is warmer than the office. When it warms up we'll be moving over there. For now the house is still somewhat warm. The roads were not bad today, but tonight even with four wheel drive I'm not getting out on the frozen black top. Oh, and it is still snowing, I'm guessing we have at least 8 1/2 inches on the ground. We'll see what the morning brings.
                      Joe Roberts
                      '61 R1 Champ
                      '65 Cruiser
                      Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

For once we're not yet seeing anything here in Lake Effect country. We're watching and holding our breath though, hoping it doesn't move West as it comes North and hit us. Time will tell...
                        Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                        Romans 15:13
                        Deuteronomy 31:6
                        Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

It is now 9:58 on Monday morning. NYC is at a standstill! Plows have been out all night but very few buses are running. Most trains are down. Long Island still is being snowed upon.
                          1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

10:50 Monday morning and the saga continues.....
                            We "moved" over to the office and things looked fine until about 2:00 this morning when the power went out again in that building. No power anywhere. Go pretty cold, but after about 2 hours we had power, and eventually heat, again. Still no power in the House or garage. Looks like the pumps survived last night but tonight calls for colder temps. I hope we have power by then, but I no longer am a counting on anything. Looks like I may have to run a long extension cord to the garage to keep the pump somewhat warm. We'll see.......
                            Joe Roberts
                            '61 R1 Champ
                            '65 Cruiser
                            Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Weird how the storm seems to have skipped the DC metro area.

Our son "Joe the Chef" and GF Melissa were here for Christmas, scheduled to (and did) fly back Sunday evening to the Baltimore MD airport, where his truck was parked for the trip back to DC. We were all watching the weather on pins and needles all day Sunday, but their AirTrans flight was only about 40 minutes late leaving Indianapolis Sunday evening about 7:40 PM. (AirTrans posted it would be leaving late, so no one was inconvenienced; they didn't have to sit on the plane or anything.)

Joe called when they got there on time about 9:15 Sunday evening and said there was "only about a half-inch" of snow on the ground and it would be an easy drive from Baltimore to Washington DC! Pleasant surprise after the reports and predictions we had been seeing all day.

Yet you guys above and below DC got smacked! Strange doins'. BP
                              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
                              X