PDA

View Full Version : Factory floor shift conversion

Kurt
12-25-2010, 02:19 PM
I recieved my floor shift tower just before Christmas and now I have more questions.

The car is a 64 F body 2 door sedan with bucket seats and a console installed.

As I fit it to the floor, the bucket seat bracket and the console don't fit "right"

When I place the tower, the seat riser needs to be placed farther back than it was originally.

Are these parts different from the ones needed with the powershift? Or do I not have the tower positioned quite right? I have been studying the parts book, and it does not appear that there are any different parts needed, but I can't seem to get the parts to fit like they should. What might I be doing wrong?

Maybe someone has some pictures of how this all fits together?

JDP
12-25-2010, 02:50 PM
There are 4 towers, 2 styles, power shift and 4 speeds, and two floors, Hawk and Lark.

Kurt
12-25-2010, 03:03 PM
Thanks John. I ordered this from SI and gave them the Lark type # out of the parts book. It does not mean it's "right" but that is what I ordered.

(S)
12-25-2010, 03:17 PM
There is a Hawk type on ebay now, I could look at ones I have and see which is which. Pretty sure I have all of the different types to photo.

studebaker-R2-4-me
12-25-2010, 05:13 PM
Thanks John. I ordered this from SI and gave them the Lark type # out of the parts book. It does not mean it's "right" but that is what I ordered.

That might be the problem. I there were no part numbers on the tower I bought a few years ago at SASCO. There are subtle differences between the Hawk and Lark towers when you are looking at them inside without a bare transmission hump floor to check it out one.

You might need the other one. I've got a Lark tower in my garage that I could possibly find in a box and post a picture of tomorrow. I've got to drag it out the box this week or next anyway.

Allen

Kurt
12-25-2010, 08:08 PM
It fits the floor good,it just seems to be too far back for the seat riser/console to fit right. Maybe I just need to modify it a bit to make it all fit... Thanks for the suggestions. If any one has any pctures of how it all works, maybe I can figure this out...