PDA

View Full Version : looking for48 studebaker landcruiser steering wheel

Bill Oswald
12-24-2010, 12:00 PM
can someone direct me to someone who might have a pearl white steering wheel for a 1948 landcruiser.

Is there someone who might be able to repair or redip my esistng wheel. Mine is a three spoke wheel.

JDP
12-24-2010, 12:22 PM
can someone direct me to someone who might have a pearl white steering wheel for a 1948 landcruiser.

Is there someone who might be able to repair or redip my esistng wheel. Mine is a three spoke wheel.

$500 with your core, here:

http://www.shrockbrothers.com/steering_wheels.html

rockne10
12-24-2010, 05:56 PM
Should note, the Shrocks do not repair your existing wheel. They completely strip the core and mold a completely new wheel. Their site shows they have the '48 Commander two-spoke wheel mold and the '50 Commander three-spoke mold. I would give them a call. Their work is superlative.

There are repair kits available from Eastwood and others but the results will never match Shrock's work.

TX Rebel
12-24-2010, 08:08 PM
Yes, you get what you pay for & pay for what you get. Anyone who has seen their wheels knows that they are worth the $$. I have a 56 Golden Hawk wheel listed on ebay which was recast elsewhere that is good, but no comparison to Shrocks.

Bill Oswald
12-25-2010, 05:28 AM
I appreciate the information. Very helpful. Thank you