PDA

View Full Version : Got my car back

avantilover
12-22-2010, 03:59 AM
Finally drove my car (1962 Lark Regal 4 door sedan) tonight after 3 months, just lovely with renewed suspension and sway bars that are now firm and working correctly.

It will be a couple of weeks or so until I get the Avanti style aircleaner as Chris gets them from the States as required. Now has a WCFB 4 Barrel carburettor and was happily and quietly purring like a contented kitten, am so thrilled to have a nice car to drive (soon) good to finally learn how a (Aussie Assembled) Studebaker is supposed to drive.

Am collecting her tomorrow as the vacuum advance has to be fitted.

Have a set of Lark Buckets/Console and floor shift for a Flightomatic on order when suitable items are located.

Are buckets hard to find? Chris said he has orders for (I think) 3 Lark and 1 Hawk sets and no luck so far with his suppliers.

Am not in a rush as I need to save for the repaint etc.

candbstudebakers
12-22-2010, 11:02 AM
John I an sending 3 sets of seat with the cars this trip, talk to the owner he might want to sell a set, a set is 2 seats , floor bracket, and console, one of these days we might just fill a container and ship nothing but sheet metal and small pieces.

avantilover
12-22-2010, 02:09 PM
Who is the owner Bob, this Tony Moisley fellow I don't know or Brian Greenall?

John