Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dealership Info?--Ray Wiysel (Union, NE) and Murray Motor Co. (Salt Lake City, UT)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dealership Info?--Ray Wiysel (Union, NE) and Murray Motor Co. (Salt Lake City, UT)

Does anybodyhave photos or information on these dealerships:
    Ray Wiysel Studebaker, in Union NE
    and
    Murray Motor Co. in Salt Lake City, UT
    or any other dealers?
    ANything willb greatly appreciated.
    \"Life is short, write in pen\"

After a quick google search for the address:

Wiysel Auto Service
    128 Main St
    Union, NE 68455
    402-263-3015

I was there years ago and they have their Studebaker years of service plaques on display. They still do auto service as far as I know Funny thing is that I am only 30 minutes away and rarely get over to their shop

Jeff T.
    \"I\'m getting nowhere as fast as I can\"
    The Replacements.

Comment

I have been to the former Wiysel Studebaker dealership in Union, Nebraska several times and knew Ray Wiysel. He was a member of our Husker Chapter until his passing. His son Larry for many years sold parts out of his building across the street from the old dealership building and repaired Studebakers at his shop. I believe most of the inventory eventually wound up with Stephen Allen and Vic Phillips of Phillips Auto Glass fame. Larry to this day is listed as a member of SDC. He would be the one to talk to for some history.
      Frank van Doorn
      Omaha, Ne.
      1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
      1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
      1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

I have been browsing various on-line digital newspaper web sites and found the following dealerships advertising or related stories in the papers sited on the dates sited.
        Sinkey Garage, Ireton, Iowa, (The Sioux Center News 10/23/1952)
        Sweetman Bros Imp Co., Canton, SD (Hawarden Independent, Hawarden Iowa 12/29/1949)
        Lloyd's Motor Sales, 2218 W. Franklin, Evensville, IN (Evensville Press 4/5/1966) This article note the closure of the dealership
        Kadlec Bros, 806 3rd Ave , Cedar Rapids, Iowa (Cedar Rapids Gazette 3/18/1951)
        Peter H. Ethington Motor CO. 975 Pinal Ave, Casa Grande AZ (Casa Grande Dispatch 10/18/1951) Dealership closed that day.
        Oscar G. Yaeger, 121 West College St, Covina, CA (Covina Argus Citizen 4/20/1951)

Comment

Ray was one of our charter members when we started the Husker Chapter back in 1972. His actual dealership was in Plattsmouth, NE. They moved the shop to Union later on. Besides being very adept at repairing Studebakers He also was the original owner of a Tucker purchased from the factory. He also had other Tucker stuff he purchased at the auction. He drove it several years before selling it to another fellow in Omaha who had Avanti's. I know the car went thru several owners eventually going to Japan. Last I knew this car was back in the USA. One Sunday morning he called me and said call some of the guys and come on down. I have a Tucker in for service. I have several pictures. Son Larry would come in to my battery business to purchase batteries for the shop.

Denny L

Comment

This is odd! Does everyone remember that 57 V8 overdrive Studebaker two-tone 4 door wagon that has been on Ebay several times? I believe that was in Murray UT just outside of SLC, and I think it was at this company. There still is a Murray Motors in Murray Utah. The business name is Murray Motors and Investment Corporation, home page here http://www.murraymotor.com/mm2.htm They have been in business since 1936, and are now a GMC Chev dealer. Their phone number (435) 722-5107 seems to ring a bell in my memory of the phone # for that ad. So, is it possible that that car WAS sold new at that very dealer!
            Last edited by Jim B PEI; 12-20-2010, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X