Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where have all the other Studes gone? Not complaining

I'm not complaining!

It just seems lately all the main discussions are on 59-61 Larks. I like them.
    Maybe I'm not paying enough attention.
    Orlando FLA

I suspect that the weather has a lot to do with the lack of activity. Not all of us have warm places to work and the cold has gotten very far south. Of course, many people are tied up with Christmas related expenses too.
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Comment

Where have they gone you say, how about Australia. not many larks go that way only the best and most wanted ones converts, R series, and nice hardtops,
      Candbstudebakers
      Castro Valley,
      California

Comment

Originally posted by s1b View Post
        I'm not complaining!

In my case, I have not been able to find my usual 6-10 "flashy" Studebakers/year to buy and talk about. I have one R2 Avanti being prepped, and that's it. A few years ago, I might have had a half dozen on the prep line. Unrestored, reasonably priced, flashy cars are hard to find.
        JDP Maryland

Comment

There not hard to find ....just not cheap !
          sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Originally posted by s1b View Post
            I'm not complaining!

What would you like to discuss? I personally am a C/K over.
            There are lots of Studes listed on eBay every day. It seems the US economy has brought a lot of cars out of the woodwork. Prices are very reasonable and the abundance of Studes is suprising!
            Good Roads
            Brian
            Brian Woods
            woodysrods@shaw.ca
            1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Originally posted by 2R5 View Post
              There not hard to find ....just not cheap !
              Good point. I should have said I can't find as many real bargains lately. Part of the issue is we now have a few more flippers fixing up cars and finding new homes for them. That is good news overall since more cars are saved in the long run.
              JDP Maryland

Comment

I'll attempt to 'flip' a 1962 GT Hawk come this spring or summer. This will be the first time I try to sell a Studebaker and I hope I don't get too attached to it by then. A fellow forum member needed money so I purchased it from him and will soon begin making some improvements to it for the next owner to enjoy. I just purchased a rechromed front bumper for it off of Ebay. Next I need to order carpet for it and repair some minor rust issues. Runs great as the engine was recently rebuilt (rebored and crank machined) and the power assist brakes completey gone through. I'm hoping values go up this spring so that I can at least break even.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1657.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	1666638Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1647.jpg
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	1666636Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1645.jpg
Size:	93.9 KB