Fatal explosion at plant 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fatal explosion at plant 8

Prayer request going out to a few workers at "Green tech recycling" aka Studebaker plant 8. I was just watching the news and saw that an explosion happened at the site when workers were welding on some kind on tank. The blast injured two and killed one. The rest is still under investigation. "Green tech" is a recycling plant that (at least to me) supports Studebakers. I was there a few weekes ago in my '40 and they let me take some pics and take a brick. The plant is directly next door to SI SB. Sad.
    Chris Dresbach

Ouch!
    Sorry to read of that, Chris.
    If possible, would you post a link to the report in The South Bend Tribune when it comes out tomorrow? That will be more comprehensive than anything that appears "down state," and many of us would probably like to read it from the South Bend paper.
    Thanks. (Again, sorry to hear of this.) BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Tragic, very tragic! Here is a link to the full story:

The building on the right in the first photo is the former Studebaker Plant # 8 Guard House.

Comment

This is the plant 8 guard house at Green Tech. Norice the sign on the red side...
        Chris Dresbach

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
          Ouch!
          Sorry to read of that, Chris.
          If possible, would you post a link to the report in The South Bend Tribune when it comes out tomorrow? That will be more comprehensive than anything that appears "down state," and many of us would probably like to read it from the South Bend paper.
          Thanks. (Again, sorry to hear of this.) BP
          Here you go:
          Chris Dresbach

Comment

Working...
          X