Would you drive one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you drive one?

I entered the museum's 2010 Design Contest. I hate to admit it but from what I have seen, my meager talents were terribly out classed. A lot of the kids entries were better lol.

Anyway, I thought I would post it here for all to see. Comments are welcome.

(To give credit I "borrowed" the thread title from another I saw recently...)

Cheers,

Ron
    Attached Files

Not too shabby.
    Rog
    '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
    Smithtown,NY
    Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

amazing how the Loeway design factors find thier way into any "new" concept

Comment

I like it!
        With a little tweaking, it would do for Studebaker what the current-style Mustang did for Ford.
        The evolution of both the original Mustang to the new one, and a 1956 Hawk (side scallop) to your sketch are remarkably similar as to a given "classic" design being brought into the 21st Century.
        Good show. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Thanks Bob... I know for me the front end looks too blunt from above, but when I tried to make it less so, I either ended up with too much front overhang, or else the headlights pushed too far back into the wheel space. Makes you appreciate how challenging it is to come up with a design that "works" lol

Comment

I like it. It looks like some Studebaker, Jaguar, Mercedes Benz and Bentley components rolled into one.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Looks classy.
              Alex Nelsen, certified Studebaker nut.
              Driving a 1954 Champion Coupe powered by a Chrysler 383.
              Lizella, GA

Comment

Yes, it does look classy. I tried a similar sketch for a very small (Fiesta-sized) coupe; it was cute, but that style needs to be on a longer, leaner car, as Stude themselves found out when they tried to squash the Bourke Coupe design into a sedan. This one works much better.

Looks like it's about the size and shape of a 90s T-bird. 'Twould be cool if someone executed this sort of design for real, using such a 'bird as a basis...there isn't any great shortage of timeworn T-birds around as potential donor cars...

S.

Comment

Looks very classy!! I like it!!! Well done!
                  1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

Aside from it being tan in color, I really like it Ron! Can you design me one in medium blue metallic with a dark blue metallic roof?
                    sigpic
                    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

In a word, "Yes."

Seriously cool fusion of retro cues and modern realities. If Ford had had you on their design staff about ten years back the resurrected T-Bird would have come out a whole lot better than it did.

Good work. Many thanks for posting.

Comment

Originally posted by mdelapp View Post
                        amazing how the Loeway design factors find thier way into any "new" concept
                        ...starting with the first Mustang, which has always looked to me like a Bourke coupe with a Lark butt...
                        Last edited by JGK 940; 12-14-2010, 06:56 PM. Reason: afterthought

Comment

Wow, that skill level is sooo far beyond me! Very cool!
                          Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                          Romans 15:13
                          Deuteronomy 31:6
                          Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Beautiful looking design but really needs a V8 to compilment the looks maybe even a modern day R2.
                            Power and glory.
                            pb

Comment

Originally posted by 63r2 View Post
                              Beautiful looking design but really needs a V8 to compilment the looks maybe even a modern day R2.
                              Power and glory.
                              pb
                              Not necessarily, Bob's specs say supercharged V6 ..... the new Ford 3.7L V6 offered in the 2011 Mustang boasts 305 HP, 280 ft-lbs torque and 31 MPG Hwy, not to shabby. Not offered yet in the Mustang, but available in the Ford Taurus SHO is the 3.5L V6 twin turbocharged eco-boast engine rated at 365 HP and 350 ft-lbs torque and 25 MPG.
                              sigpic
                              John
                              63R-2386
                              Resto-Mod by Michael Myer

Comment

Working...
                              X