number tag on seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• number tag on seat

I am preparing the front seat of my 53 Commander hardtop for new seat covers. I discovered a metal tag attached to the drivers side seat back that reads 309125, next line LA space 37A. Does this indicate any thing you are aware of?

309125 is the part number of the whole seat assembly, or perhaps just the seat back cover. Such part numbers are not in the parts book, but Studebaker Intl has the original factory book that lists the part numbers for all the interior soft parts. However, they're not terribly useful anymore, since very few NOS complete assemblies remain in stock. Ordering a copy of the production order from the museum would give you the name of the interior color and material, and a whole lot more.
    Skip Lackie

Comment

When I was cleaning up the springs for my '53 hardtop to get them ready to take to the upholsterer, I found those tags attached to the springs on every one of the cushions. All with different numbers of course. I'd assumed they were just the P/N for either the springs alone or maybe the entire upholstered cushion.

Jeff in ND

Comment

Working...
      X