What are the AC numbers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the AC numbers?

Finally ordered a build sheet for my '58 Commander. Can anyone tell me what these AC numbers are?

AC 2884
    AC 2858
    AC 2750
    XAC 2900

The car came with those, white wall tires, undercoating, and a Deluxe steering wheel. Pretty basic.

Shipped to "Atlanta". I wish I knew what dealer it went to.

The original color is Canyon Copper and Jewel Beige... But, the original paint told me that.

Matthew, I believe AC 2884 is Climatizer. Dan

Comment

Studebaker Drivers Club Forum > Your Studebaker Forum > Technical Talk > Partially Decoded Production Order

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      PDAView Full Version : Partially Decoded Production Order

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

cjsteak04-26-2008, 01:45 AM
      I searched the forums and came up with the following:

AC 2884 - Climatizer - Assuming this is just heat? Car has no signs of A/C
      AC 2750 - Cigar lighter
      AC 2858 - Back up lights
      AC 2900 - Full disc wheel covers - mine has XAC 2900 not sure if there's a difference or not. Probably not.

Codes I couldn't locate:
      AC 2903 -
      AC 2855 -
      AC 2906 -
      XAC 2886 -

This is for the same car in my signature.

For anyone interested in '58 hard tops, here's the rest of what was on my order:

Production Date: 11-26-57
      Destination: CLEBURNE, TEXAS

Just southwest of the Dallas Ft. Worth area, kinda local to me in the Austin area. About a 3 hour trip to Cleburne.

Ship Via: TRUCKAWAY WALKER
      Sales Order Number: P4
      Line No. 5496
      Factory Order No. 33199
      Engine No. V 413068
      Body No. 216

Description of unit and equipment:
      58B J4
      P 5860 PARADE WHITE
      419A CH 01 - Not too clear on this one, but I can only assume it's for the scheme for the two colors. Parade Red body, Parchment White hardtop.

FLIGHT O MATIC
      4 BBL CAR
      DUAL EXHAUST

SAFETY PADDED DASH
      WHITE SIDEWALLS
      DX ST WHL

AC 2884 AC 2750
      AC 2903 XAC 2900
      AC 2858 AC 2855
      AC 2906 XAC 2886

Thanks!

Chris Salisbury
      Hutto/Austin, TX

1958 Commander Starlight Hardtop

rockne1004-26-2008, 03:57 AM
      The Climatizer did not include A/C but was not just heat. It refers to the two-core, two-motor system; one for heater and one for defroster. Models that did not have the separate defroster core/motor were not equipped with the climatizer.

cjsteak04-26-2008, 04:25 AM
      That's really cool... I guess I just never noticed the dual engines / dual cores. That would explain all the extra hoses though! I'm still in the very early "investigating" stages of this car.

Thanks for the explanation.

Chris Salisbury
      Hutto/Austin, TX

1958 Commander Starlight Hardtop

Dwain G.04-26-2008, 07:12 AM
      AC 2903 -Clock
      AC 2855 -Front bumper guards
      AC 2906 -Push button radio
      XAC 2886 -Rear deck antenna
      I don't have all the '58 information, but I think 419A CH 01 might be 'charcoal' color upholstery.

Comment

Thanks guys. I didn't realize that a cigar lighter, backup lights, full wheel covers, and a climatizer were even options.

Comment

By now I think you should have understood that on Studebakers, (actually on most low priced big 3 cars of the era also) if the wheels were not necessary to roll out of the Factory, they too would be OPTIONAL like the Spare Tire and rear bumper was on a Truck! Lol!
          Last edited by StudeRich; 12-13-2010, 02:02 PM.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
          X