Lark Pickup question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lark Pickup question

I just saw a styling excercise in another thread here, and it got me to thinking.

Are there any pics, models what have you, for the Lark style pickups with a dedicated bed?

I like the looks of the cabs but the boxes in my opinion leave something to be desired as they were not made specifically for the truck.

Maybe not what you meant, but how's this?: Yeah, that's the guy that keeps posting it on Craigslist. It IS very nicely done...
    Attached Files
    KURTRUK
    (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

No not what I meant , but it is real nice, Larkamino, Larkero, which is it, thanks

Comment

Factory Lark PU

Are you thinking of this model?

Click image for larger version

Name:	E9.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	1666598
        Mark Hayden
        '66 Commander

Comment

Thanks for the pic, thats interesting.
          To answer your question, I'm not thinking of any specific item, I just wondered if that style of pickup cab had ever had a box specifically designed for it, as opposed to the make do boxes it was produced with. If so if there are any drawings, pics, or models of it.

I like the cab design, but have always felt the boxes just completly fail as a design for the cab.
          As a result the ( to me) trucks just looked bodged together. Which they were more or less.

Comment

These trucks look right to me with the P-1 bed on them. Steve
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mark57 View Post
              Are you thinking of this model?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5942[/ATTACH]
              That is more of an ElCamino/Ranchero version being built on a car, rather than truck, chassis.
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

There was a Champ pick-up at Glendale that had really good looking rear fenders. I asked the owner about the fenders and he said that he made those from fiberglass himself. He used Dodge fenders for molds. I have pictures of it somewhere, but I don't know how to upload pictures to this sight.

Comment

This one:

Stude bed with Dodge stepside fenders. Looks good to me. Dodge started using those fenders in 1954. Lasted well into the eighties.
                  Attached Files
                  KURTRUK
                  (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Modified P2 Box

Here's a couple of pics of a friends ex '64 Champ which had the P2 box narrowed to match the Champ cab... would have been ideal if the Studebaker Truck Division had the funds to make this modification.

PS - Studegary you are correct, but if you look at the original question, he asked about "Lark style pickups" - which made the E9 model pop into my mind as opposed to a Champ pickup, which of course is a truck not a Lark.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1c.jpg
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	1666606Click image for larger version

Name:	1g.jpg
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	1666605
                    Mark Hayden
                    '66 Commander

Comment

I still like the truck that had the 55 front end installed. (it was an old picture of something done many decades ago, I think) There were a few little engineering issues to resolve with the radiator etc to get the hood to close, but other than that it was a good effort

Comment

Originally posted by kurtruk View Post
                        This one:

Stude bed with Dodge stepside fenders. Looks good to me. Dodge started using those fenders in 1954. Lasted well into the eighties.
                        Thats really nice.

Comment

Working...
                        X