Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beautiful Daytona convertible (I think). What's wrong with the pctures?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beautiful Daytona convertible (I think). What's wrong with the pctures?

Seller calls it a "dream car". I agree completely. But the pictures make my eyes itch

To the photogs among us- why are the pictures so irritating to me? It's like a contrast or saturation problem.

Nonetheless, I love the car, and will be watching

Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Lakeland, Florida.
    It messes with camera settings.
    My swag?
    Almost looks like some of the pics were 'adjusted' to bring up the brightness, and it washes out the light parts.
    It's either too bright to shoot without a polarizing filter, or it was too dark, and brightening the images did that....
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

you're right~ those are some horrible pictures!!!!
      IF '63s were 'my' thing-- this might be a nice car for me.

Except for one minor little detail--
      that 'S' in the s/n and on the body tag...

I'm picky like that.
      StudeDave '57
      US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
      SDC Member since 1985

past President
      Whatcom County Chapter SDC
      San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
      San Diego Chapter SDC
      North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Seems like they would want to mention it is an "R-2." Just sayin'.

BTW: Has tissue dispenser in trunk. (Keep your hands clean as you change a tire?)
        KURTRUK
        (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by kurtruk View Post
          Seems like they would want to mention it is an "R-2." Just sayin'.
          But it isn't one. In fact- it used to be a six banger!!!

StudeDave '57
          StudeDave '57
          US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
          SDC Member since 1985

past President
          Whatcom County Chapter SDC
          San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
          San Diego Chapter SDC
          North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

I saw the R2 badge and the column shift 3 speed and really started drooling...

Then the engine bay shots show a regular V8 in what was a 6 cylinder car...

Talk about a letdown!

Comment

The ad states that it is gold in color, but it appears to be rosemist to me. I like rosemist!
              sigpic
              In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

So the fact that it is a 6 Cyl. with a V-8 Engine added Identified by the Grille Badge as an R2, makes the all original low mileage statement very questionable!

Anyway I hate it when someone puts the wrong white wall tires on a '63, just looks WRONG! ...UGH!
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                  So the fact that it is a 6 Cyl. with a V-8 Engine added Identified by the Grille Badge as an R2, makes the all original low mileage statement very questionable!

Anyway I hate it when someone puts the wrong white wall tires on a '63, just looks WRONG! ...UGH!
                  Rich: I don't think any of us would be driving very far on those tires anyway; look how many balance weights are on them, especially the rears...and that's what we can see on the outside!

There might be 4 pounds of weights on those wheels for all we know, and you know the tires are no good if they take that much weight. BP
                  We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Just went back to the listing to convince myself not to bid and the listing is ended. Saves me from having to fight my urges Maybe it will resurface with better pictures (and with tires that don't require a dangerous amount of wheel weights!)...

Certainly a great setting for pictures; would like to see it with decent pictures. Seller has 100% positive feedback... we shall see!
                    Last edited by Bob Andrews; 12-10-2010, 02:32 AM.
                    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

I caught most of the obvious things as mentioned above, gold/rose mist interior? Usually a repaint is Resale Red, but Gold? That colour combo hurts my eyes, and perhaps thats why it was allowed to be a little less definite in colour saturation in the photos. 63S-35634 with a regular V8 (259? 289?) and >column shift< with a R2 badge. It was the column shift that got me thinking--what else is there about the car that was built with a 170 in mind by South Bend, and hasn't been updated for an added V8?? Clutch? Dana27? Brakes? Transmission? Rear end final drive ratio? I would have thought if the transmission had been changed, it would have been upgraded to an overdrive T86 to go with the V8, so I'm thinking its the original transmission and everything else that goes with it. Also, the complete lack of photos underneath started to clang clang clang. How, for example, was the exhaust updated to duals? Was it done right or was it kludged to get it in place? Still, its a nice looking car and might be a decent local driver which might have been its use by previous owner (retired guy tootling around with the top down, off to Piggley Wiggley and Lowes, before hitting the Early Bird Specials) and I'd go for it if the price was right, even if it isn't quite 'pristine'.

Comment

Just two cents worth. The 4 and the 0 do not line up with the rest of the mileage numbers and the 5 is just starting to show above the 4. Think it should maybe start to show at 2 or three tenths. Fair rollback job, but not perfect.
                        Stude Rookie.

Comment

Rose on Rose

I don't know what the owner and you guys are looking at but it does not get any better than this, a perfect match, Rose Mist Paint and Rose Interior! No GOLD anywhere!

The original ebay ad is still up using our old link here, but his re-listed ad is now down.

StudeRich
                          Second Generation Stude Driver,
                          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Wow, You guys have a critical eye. I don't know anything about Larks, but I thought the car looked Great! But that being said....It really didn't matter as it did not get a single bid?? Starting bid at $1,000.00. It would cost more than that just to replate the bumpers.
                            Is the US economy that far in the dumpers, that cars like this don't even get a starting bid?? Or am I really missing something here?
                            Good Roads
                            Brian
                            Brian Woods
                            woodysrods@shaw.ca
                            1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Originally posted by woodysrods View Post
                              It really didn't matter as it did not get a single bid?? Starting bid at $1,000.00.
                              It did have bids, but the seller ended the listing early. When that happens, all bids are canceled and it reverts to the starting bid. Would have been interesting to see what it would draw.

Maybe the seller went back to take better pictures. And pry off some of those excessive wheel weights<G>
                              Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Working...
                              X