Amos Auto Enthusiast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amos Auto Enthusiast

I just received a free magazine with an invitation for a discounted subscription rate. It's volume 54, issue 1 so I'm assuming it's a new magazine. It's called Amos Auto Enthusiast and it looks pretty good. I judge old car magazines according to their Studebaker content and there was some in this mag.

The biggest exposure was a story on Dirkes Used Auto Parts in New Jersey. They had a pretty good selection of Studebakers and Packards complete with several pictures.

They also had a story on the California Auto Museum (of which I am very familiar) and they did a good job with it. They showed no Studebaker pictures in the article (unless you want to count the 50 Commander partial that was way in the background). They did, however make several mentions of Studebakers, the most extensive being a large paragraph about the number 9 Avanti.

They also ran an ad from Meyers Studebaker. It seems the magazine originates in Ohio.

Has anyone else seen this magazine and is it indeed a new one? I hesitate to subscribe but I might do it since it seem to be a quality publication at an affordable price.
    Jon Stalnaker
    Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Jon:
    This IS a new magazine but it is meant to replace Cars & Parts as well as a number of "something" Enthusiast mags by this publisher (I think Corvette Enthusiast is one of them). Looks OK to me (I have received one copy so far as a replacement for my subscription to Cars & Parts). I'll give it a chance (a couple more issues).
    Last edited by brngarage; 12-08-2010, 02:54 PM. Reason: TYPO
    Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
    '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
    '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
    '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

Comment

I received one instead of my Cars & Parts. It seems to be about 75 percent ads. I will pass on it.
      Mike - Assistant Editor, Turning Wheels
      Fort Worth, TX

Comment

Working...
      X