front shocks 63 hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• front shocks 63 hawk

the number listed in the tech data section does not seem right, these are for air shocks. I was at my local Napa store with the number and a front shock in hand, Gabrial 39215 number crossed to Monroe did not come close. They did find one that would fit, Dodge pickup '72 but none in TX. they will be in Thurs. I'll update then if they fitor not.
    Mark Riesch
    New Bern, NC

Interesting, did they have the compressed LENGTH and the extended LENGTH on a chart to determine that these Dodge units would work or what? Front Shocks are "Double Action" type shocks, I never heard of anyone running AIR shocks on the FRONT!
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

The number I have is 82087 Gabriel.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
        The number I have is 82087 Gabriel.
        82087 is the Gabriel (OEM Mfg.) correct shock available at Studebaker Vendors at studebakervendors.com for '57-'66 Stude. Cars but it is a GAS Shock, I have no idea why that would not be adequate.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Another cross reference is to look for a shock that fits a '63-'65 Buick Riviera. Same application. You're more likely to find application charts for that than for a Studebaker.
          Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
            82087 is the Gabriel (OEM Mfg.) correct shock available at Studebaker Vendors at studebakervendors.com for '57-'66 Stude. Cars but it is a GAS Shock, I have no idea why that would not be adequate.
            thanks for the gabriel number, yes we did check the compressed and extended length

Shocks (I beam truck, front, air) Gabriel 39215 Pep Boys, this is right from thr tech data page
            Mark Riesch
            New Bern, NC

Comment

Okay, I installed the Napa/Monroe shocks #94271/32376. they have a larger dia. body and a larger rod. they will pobably give a little stiffer ride. The bottom cross piece is slightly shorter, I'm saving the old cross pieces in case of any later problems. The oem shocks were available, but not for another four days. One of the old shocks was completely flat. I'm going on a Christmas light tour this Sunday, thus my reason for not waiting for the oem. Being a new Studebaker owner I have already gotten tired of hearing from auto parts clerks asking "who makes Studebaker."
              Mark Riesch
              New Bern, NC

Comment

Working...
              X