Front Bench Seat Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Bench Seat Replacement

I have a 1957 silver hawk that someone put bucket seats into. I would like to go back to a bench seat. Not much chance of finding a studebaker bench seat. Anyone know of a later model bench seat that might fit? thanks

There are plenty of those out there, do not dismay. I have one I bought by accident with the correct brackets in my basement I'd be happy to unload. TX Rebel probably has them much closer, though.

Comment

Why do you say there is not much chance of finding a correct bench seat?
      I think there is a 100% chance of finding at least a real seat frame, and having it upholstered correctly.
      And there is a very good chance of finding one in better shape, maybe through the list here.
      It just depends on your patience. If you want it in the next five minutes, that's a no.
      If you want it in the next 5 months, just keep looking and asking.
      Parts like that are out there.

Comment

Originally posted by aftontrix View Post
        I have a 1957 silver hawk that someone put bucket seats into. I would like to go back to a bench seat. Not much chance of finding a studebaker bench seat. Anyone know of a later model bench seat that might fit? thanks
        Post a wanted ad on the Studebaker Swap Page. You will not believe the responses that you will get... I have found tons of parts on there, For example I just found a shorter driveshaft that I needed to install a Dana 44 in my Lark. That part was found in a town just north of me,... someone that even knows me!

Good luck

Allen
        1964 GT Hawk
        PSMCDR 2014
        Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
        PSMCDR 2013
        Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Comment

Barnlark,
          I resurrected this thread as I cannot find a seat in my area. Do you still have yours and if so How much. Any idea how much to ship to Durant, OK.

Studebaker-R2-4-me, I posted in the Studebaker swap page over a year ago and then again recently, but only a few responses and they are a long ways away.

Thanks
          Last edited by aftontrix; 11-27-2012, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Like others have indicated, there should be plenty of '57 & newer model Hawk front bench seats out there. I would discourage getting an original from a '56 Hawk due to the design improvements Studebaker made for the '57 & newer models.

Good Luck!!!

Comment

Hello Welcome,

I do not care what the seat comes out of just so it will bolt right in and fit properly. No one has said what other year or model will fit and as I am new to Studebaker's, I have no idea. Do you know what would fit other than a 57 Silver Hawk seat? -Thanks

Comment

Hello Welcome,

I do not care what the seat comes out of just so it will bolt right in and fit properly. No one has said what other year or model will fit and as I am new to Studebaker's, I have no idea. Do you know what would fit other than a 57 Silver Hawk seat? -Thanks
                '57 and newer HAWK front bench seats should work. Just make sure you're getting the bench seat, because beginning in '60 Studebaker offered an optional 'split' front seat and later of course front bucket seats. Hey, perhaps someone may want to trade you their bench seat for your bucket seats???

Comment

Originally posted by Welcome View Post
                  Like others have indicated, there should be plenty of '57 & newer model Hawk front bench seats out there. I would discourage getting an original from a '56 Hawk due to the design improvements Studebaker made for the '57 & newer models.

Good Luck!!!
                  What is different about the 1956 Hawk front seats??
                  Brian
                  Brian Woods
                  woodysrods@shaw.ca
                  1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Originally posted by woodysrods View Post
                    What is different about the 1956 Hawk front seats??
                    Brian
                    One difference …the front seat bottom frame used on ’56 Hawk models sat higher than those used on ’57 & up front bench seats. Result: approx. 1" less clearance between the bottom of the steering wheel & top of seat (less leg-room).
                    Last edited by Welcome; 11-22-2012, 04:43 AM.

Comment

They're out there. I've got a perfect '56 Power Hawk front and matching rear seats. Too bad the crating and shipping is so difficult.

jack vines
                      PackardV8

Comment

I have a set of front & rear seats from a 1963, 2 door hardtop. They were recovered (red velour), then in less than 50 miles, the PO installed race car front seats and removed the rear seat. He 's an old school hot rodder. I swapped him a 4.27 rear end for them. I believe they would be a bolt in for your car, but not 100 per cent sure. If interested, PM me.

Comment

Working...
                        X