Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golden Candy

1956 Studebaker Sky Hawk by aldenjewell, on Flickr

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Very nice!
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

A Golden Hawk that color was nearly my 1st car, hubcaps and all, and it was a straight drive w/ od !! I probably wouldn't be writing this if I had got it, tho', on my test drive with my Dad and a friend, I spun it nearly out of control when I shifted it to 2nd gear, and Dad said slow down, take it back to the lot, and you're not getting this car, you'll get killed.( BUT- -what a stylish way to go!) A lady named Mrs. Barr and her husband had bought it new, the dealer in Clinton, Tn. that Dad worked at serviced it all its life while they had it, and I wanted it soooo bad. These Sky Hawks are such gorgeous cars also, mine was blue and white, and I loved it, but still longed for that Golden Hawk. Thanks for the memory kicker, John
      Last edited by j.byrd; 12-02-2010, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by j.byrd View Post
        A Golden Hawk that color was nearly my 1st car, hubcaps and all, and it was a straight drive w/ od !! I probably wouldn't be writing this if I had got it, tho', on my test drive with my Dad and a friend, I spun it nearly out of control when I shifted it to 2nd gear, and Dad said slow down, take it back to the lot, and you're not getting this car, you'll get killed.( BUT- -what a stylish way to go!) A lady named Mrs. Barr and her husband had bought it new, the dealer in Clinton, Tn. that Dad worked at serviced it all its life while they had it, and I wanted it soooo bad. These Sky Hawks are such gorgeous cars also, mine was blue and white, and I loved it, but still longed for that Golden Hawk. Thanks for the memory kicker, John
        Great Story! Mine is similar but it was a 57 Chev Belair Hdtp. Wanted it soooo bad I could taste it. Apparently the Salesman at the car lot knew that and tried the old "Boss won't let it go for that" and tried to jack the price up $50.00 after we apparently had a deal. And my Dad said you can't let people do that to you in life and we walked away.
        Never did become a Chev guy! It was a one owner trade in too...and we knew the lady that had owned it!
        Good Roads
        Brian
        Brian Woods
        woodysrods@shaw.ca
        1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Sweet '56 Sky Hawk

That is ONE fantastic looking Automobile!

It has been my HO since 1956 that these President 289 Sky Hawks are ten times the car the '56 GH is!
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
          X