1963 160MPH Speedometer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1963 160MPH Speedometer

I am looking for an NOS or excellent used 1963 160MPH speedometer. I will purchase outright or I have an NOS 1964 160MPH speedometer to deal with.
    THANKS
    PAUL LAUSCH

The 64 units were available until just recently, the 63 versions are extreamly rare since even most R2's Lark types were not so equipped.
    JDP Maryland

Comment

I have one used 63 160 mph speedo that I am willing to trade for one 63 NOS 160 mph speedo along with some cash.

Comment

I'm not sure about non-Avanti model speedo but my original factory Stewart Warner 140 MPH Avanti speedo was converted to a 160 MPH by purchasing a new face plate and having it recalibrated while it was having the gauge restoration done on it .... just a thought.
        sigpic
        John
        63R-2386
        Resto-Mod by Michael Myer

Comment

I have one used 63 160 mph speedo that I am willing to trade for one 63 NOS 160 mph speedo along with some cash.

Huh?

Comment

Originally posted by 58PackardWagon View Post
            I see that someone has been reading some of the crazy posts found in the "barter" section of Craig's List.

LOL!

Comment

Seems pretty clear to me? Joe has a used one for his Super Lark restoration and would rather have a NOS one; and will trade his plus cash to get it. Am I missing something??
              Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
              Romans 15:13
              Deuteronomy 31:6
              Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

The way it is written is that he will trade his used one for a new one but you have to give him your new one AND cash!!

Comment

Bump to get back to original request

Comment

Paul,

Is this for a real package car, or a clone? Some guys do have these but they want them to go to 'good homes' on 'original cars'.

Don't ask me why but sometimes it makes a difference.

Comment

This is the car I need the speedometer for. This is my first car I ever owned purchased in 1970. It has an R1 4-speed in it now. I am taking the R2 driveline (less than 5K original miles)out of my 65 Daytona (installing R3 in it) and installing it in here, along with a new 66 3.73 TT with flanged axles and factory traction bars. Should be done in about a year, to be a clone superlark.
                      Hope this helps
                      THANKS
                      PAUL
                      Attached Files

Comment

Bob you are correct on what I have written above. I have every part for our restoration (body currently getting painted and put on the frame) except an NOS speedo. I actually have two used ones, but would like to keep one for parts. As for the other post on a face plate. I too have tried this option but have not been able to come up with one. Almost forced to go with option number three.....have all three (cluster, tach and speedo) face plates redone so that they all match each other. The off black color is almost impossible to match if I only have the speedo done. I priced this option and it is $300 per face plate from a top quality shop.

Comment

Alan Gahlbeck--Please email me at pblfire@ptd.net
                          THANKS
                          PAUL LAUSCH

Comment

Paul, how about finding a good used black face and putting it on your NOS 64 speedo? I think that might work.

Comment

Where would I find a excellent black 63 face? Thanks for your thoughts.
                              PAUL

Comment

Working...
                              X