Studebaker to be crushed Monday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker to be crushed Monday

I can pull a few pieces off this week.Not much left.
    Mono mind in a stereo world

I can see a couple of pieces.
    I will send you a PM shortly and see if we can work something out.
    Thank you for posting this.

Comment

Someone will want the gravel shields.

Comment

Also the V8 emblem. Surprisingly the trunk handle and the glass tail lights are relatively plentiful. But if they are OK save them.
        Being a Commander, I would think the dash is worth saving.

Comment

SAVE ALL GLASS TAIL LIGHTS!!!! Even if they are broken! Blacksmiths are always looking for red glass. We make colored glass beads from the broken pieces. Just think, that broken old lens can be give a new life to give someone else pleasure!
          Mike Sal

Comment

Dang. If you were closer I'd buy the whole car!!! Is it a '51? I have been looking for some parts. How is the grille? Steering wheel? If the doors aren't too roted I could use them. Just don't know how I'd get them here. Do you come to the May meet in SB?
            Chris Dresbach

Comment

Appears to be a '52. Worse examples have been restored.
              Brad Johnson,
              SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
              '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
              '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

A update:
                Besides the '52 six other Studes will be hitting the crusher starting Monday.A '55 2dr.sedan.'49 LC and 4 '50-51's.All the '50-'51's still have their grilles.
                I have been hired to prep cars for burial and do not have time to remove parts for people BUT I did talk to the owner and got permission to put this on the Forum that if a group or a single Studebaker afficianado wants parts they can come out and remove them Monday or Tuesday.They wont be giving away stuff for free but for anyone local it's a chance to save Studebaker stuff.The cars can be seen at this site.
                http://www.sonnyssalvage.com/index.p...pper&Itemid=35 Just use the menu and find Studebaker.
                Weird deal.I worked for Sonny part time for years and picked up stuff when asked for it. Spent most of my time pulling Mopar stuff.Sonny died a couple years ago and I offered $100 a Stude for anything off the car except for the bodies.They declined that offer and are now crushing them.You might also notice the prices were not that expensive but nobody bought them.Like I mentioned I am working for them so I cannot pull anything for other folks ...today I pulled parts off a '55 DeSoto Sportsman hardtop and '41 Plymouth coupe.They go in the coffin next week
                Last edited by bob40; 12-03-2010, 04:00 PM. Reason: More info.
                Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

Working...
                X