SI Avanti Dash Pad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SI Avanti Dash Pad

I am interested in the S.I. dash pad and glove box cover. Does anyone here have any recent experince with installing one?

I chickened out so I palmed the job off onto Allan Barth. He doesn't post much here lately...too busy on the car, I suspect. He's OLTRKNUT on the forum.

If you're a member of AOAI, they've run several articles over the years in Avanti magazine. You might try their forum.
    Last edited by JBOYLE; 11-26-2010, 02:28 PM.
    63 Avanti R1 2788
    1914 Stutz Bearcat
    (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

The last I heard, SI was out of the dash pads as they were looking for a different vendor due to quality issues. I don't know if the pads are available again so calling them and asking should answer that.

It's been many years since I replaced a dash pad...I bought direct from Avanti Motors back in the '70s. As I remember, the actual replacement isn't tough...it removing and reinstalling the dash that's the PITA.
      Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunslinger View Post
        The last I heard, SI was out of the dash pads as they were looking for a different vendor due to quality issues. I don't know if the pads are available again so calling them and asking should answer that.

It's been many years since I replaced a dash pad...I bought direct from Avanti Motors back in the '70s. As I remember, the actual replacement isn't tough...it removing and reinstalling the dash that's the PITA.
        Two weeks ago I was at SI in South Bend to pick up parts and they had one sitting on the sales floor. I was surprised to see it since I had called them a few years back and was also told that they did not have one and did not know when they would be getting them.

Comment

Originally posted by PACKERBACKER View Post
          Two weeks ago I was at SI in South Bend to pick up parts and they had one sitting on the sales floor. I was surprised to see it since I had called them a few years back and was also told that they did not have one and did not know when they would be getting them.
          Same here, but IIRC, I heard a couple of months back that they were back in stock.
          Of course, that was after I bought a NOS one from JDP.
          63 Avanti R1 2788
          1914 Stutz Bearcat
          (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Does anyone have an NOS one they want to sell?

Comment

Dennis Dupont had one for sale,but maybe sold it in Reedsville?,I think he wanted around $400.00?
              Originally posted by StudeMichael View Post
              Does anyone have an NOS one they want to sell?
              Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

How do I contact Dennis, Joe?

Comment

Michael I sent you a private message with his number.

Dennis is a nice guy and he has a lot of good parts. I've bought from him in the past.
                  Last edited by mbstude; 11-27-2010, 06:55 PM.

Comment

We were without the Avanti padded dashes for a while as minor modifications were made to the mold. They are now available. Michael Myer of Myer's Studebaker has installed many of these pads.

Ed Reynolds
                    Studebaker International

Comment

Originally posted by StudeMichael View Post
                      I am interested in the S.I. dash pad and glove box cover. Does anyone here have any recent experince with installing one?
                      N8 installed the one on the Avanti Bob bought, perhaps he can chime in. I helped him, but it was not rocket science.
                      JDP Maryland

Comment

Did you remove the whole dash assembly Nate or just R and R the pad?

Comment

Working...
                        X