. Vintage Candy . ( wreck )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• . Vintage Candy . ( wreck )

Last edited by aarrggh; 11-24-2010, 02:04 PM.

White sheets are never good. RIP car and driver......
    Dylan Wills
    Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
    1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
    1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
    1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Look how the steering column is bent in the second picture. Sometimes it's a good thing that "they don't build them like they used to." Is that the air cleaner on the ground behind the front tire?

Comment

Originally posted by StudHawk60 View Post
        Look how the steering column is bent in the second picture. Sometimes it's a good thing that "they don't build them like they used to." Is that the air cleaner on the ground behind the front tire?
        Ya, with the cell phones. Combining a texting driver, bias-ply tires, the absence of seat belts, and airbags would be deadly.
        Alex Nelsen, certified Studebaker nut.
        Driving a 1954 Champion Coupe powered by a Chrysler 383.
        Lizella, GA

Comment

Okay, it's a bit before my time. What year/make/model of car is it?
          I'm a bit surprised by the vent in the front fender, I don't recall them being on that many cars of the early 50s....but as I said, that's before my time.

Looks like a crash that would be very (probably 100% if you were wearing a seatbelt) survivable today.

RIP to the driver.
          63 Avanti R1 2788
          1914 Stutz Bearcat
          (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Jboyle it appears to be a 1949 Studebaker Commander Regal DeLuxe.

Note the three trim pieces on the vent and the round turn signal below the headlight.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by fatboylust; 11-24-2010, 04:56 PM. Reason: Add pic/description

Comment

Going by the interior door panel, I believe it would be a '47-48. Also, the front bumper, as best I can tell would also be '47-48.
              -----
              Seeing the tear in the convertible top says it was not a new car when this happened (I hope!). Nice shiny gravel guard!

Wonder why they found it necessary to remove the air cleaner. You can see the oil spilled over the fender as they removed it.
              Last edited by kurtruk; 11-24-2010, 04:35 PM.
              KURTRUK
              (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

The cop has an L.A. uniform.
                Alex Nelsen, certified Studebaker nut.
                Driving a 1954 Champion Coupe powered by a Chrysler 383.
                Lizella, GA

Comment

Originally posted by kurtruk View Post
                  Going by the interior door panel, I believe it would be a '47-48. Also, the front bumper, as best I can tell would also be '47-48.
                  -----
                  Seeing the tear in the convertible top says it was not a new car when this happened (I hope!). Nice shiny gravel guard!

Wonder why they found it necessary to remove the air cleaner. You can see the oil spilled over the fender as they removed it.
                  Maybe they were concerned of a fire hazard, or it was spilling all over everything where it was originally.
                  Dylan Wills
                  Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
                  1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
                  1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
                  1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Honest!...It wasn't me that worked on those brakes!....really....I never saw that car in my life! .... Really.... you gotta believe me....
                    John Clary
                    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by silverhawk View Post
                      Maybe they were concerned of a fire hazard, or it was spilling all over everything where it was originally.
                      Or the wingnut was just loose enough that the impact put it there;certainly enough space between the hood and fender.
                      Brad Johnson,
                      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Originally posted by silverhawk View Post
                        White sheets are never good. RIP car and driver......
                        You can see a foot sticking out from the sheet next to the front door jamb in the second picture. So yes, RIP. . . .

Comment

Originally posted by kurtruk View Post
                          -----
                          This happened on the Cahuenga Freeway , LA 1951 . so it was a coupla years old ........

Comment

That's not exactly what I call eye candy; even though its a picture of a Studebaker. I'd label it more of a wake-up call as what you see can happen in 2010! A roadworthy 1948 Commander convertible can still exceed the speed limit as that one presumably did, and kill someone!

Craig
                            Last edited by 8E45E; 11-24-2010, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Look at the position of the steering wheel and its penetration through the windscreen. I guess we can infer the cause of death pretty easily.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                              X