Props to Mr. Bob Johnson!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Props to Mr. Bob Johnson!

Well there I was at the shop..........drums about to be hammered home.........only one thing.......forgot the shop manual.........so what's a guy to do??????????

Easy,............wash the grease off the hands and log on to the shop pc..........then go to Bob's web site and find the torque spec for the axle nut..........and there she was........170ft lbs........

Thanks Bob........the info is great!

We know you mean Bob Johnstone. Bob Johnson was my Dad; not the same guy.

Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

There is also another very knowledgeable Studebaker parts man named Bob Johnson. Bob use to own Special Interest Autos which sold Studebaker parts to many of us until he sold out to Packard Farms. He has worked for quite a few years now for Packard Farms and Studebaker International. If you order parts from Studebaker International, tell him hello the next time you order parts.
      Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
      1961 Hawk 4-speed
      1967 Avanti
      1961 Lark 2 door
      1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

Back in the eightys I thought he was the only person in the world that had Studebaker parts. Oh I forgot about Lester Schmidt. He also had a bunch of Stude parts.

Comment

I have always wanted to ask what happened to Special Interest Autos. Thank you, Milt.
          KURTRUK
          (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

I ordered much from SIA years ago; then Packard Farms as well. Bill reproed the complete exhaust for my Rockne. I think he made the muffler from well casing. It will last a while!

There is another company called Special Interest Autos; totally unrelated. Specialize in antique auto electrical and ignition components.

Brad Johnson,
            SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
            '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Originally posted by unclemiltie View Post
              There is also another very knowledgeable Studebaker parts man named Bob Johnson. Bob use to own Special Interest Autos which sold Studebaker parts to many of us until he sold out to Packard Farms. He has worked for quite a few years now for Packard Farms and Studebaker International. If you order parts from Studebaker International, tell him hello the next time you order parts.
              The history is appreciated. My wife and I visited Packard Farms many years ago. The owner showed us his very nice car collection. Our Avanti came with an SIA catalog. Inside the cover is an introduction signed by Ray and Bob.
              "Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." author unknown

Comment

A history of the well known (and some now forgotten) Studebaker parts vendors may make for an interesting article in Turning Wheels. Info about where they were located, who the proprietor was, and who they sold out to would make for an interesting read.
                sigpic
                In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Working...
                X