Throw out bearing retainer spring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throw out bearing retainer spring

I'm working on my 50, 2r5, 3 speed manual. It looks like someone replaced the pressure plate, clutch and throw out bearing before I bought the truck. The retainer spring rubbed the thow out bearing and the spring is now worn paper thin. Are there any vendors who offer the spring only? I don't really want to buy the entire throw out bearing.

Is the retainer spring supposed to be on the top side of the throw out bearing or the underside?

Originally posted by Price View Post
    I'm working on my 50, 2r5, 3 speed manual. It looks like someone replaced the pressure plate, clutch and throw out bearing before I bought the truck. The retainer spring rubbed the thow out bearing and the spring is now worn paper thin. Are there any vendors who offer the spring only? I don't really want to buy the entire throw out bearing.

Is the retainer spring supposed to be on the top side of the throw out bearing or the underside?
    Odd, I just trashed a few used bearings last week. I figured I'd never reuse a bearing even if it felt "good"
    JDP Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by JDP View Post
      Odd, I just trashed a few used bearings last week. I figured I'd never reuse a bearing even if it felt "good"
      I think he is saying it's the spring that is worn. Try Studebaker International or one of the other vendors..it may not be in their catalog, but I bet one of them has it.
      Ron Dame
      '63 Champ

Comment

Working...
      X