PDA

View Full Version : People Skills

55 56 PREZ 4D
11-21-2010, 11:51 PM
I haven't seen this Ebay listing posted here and I don't know how to show it other than this:
"51 Studebaker Commander" # 400021960450
The guy doesn't have a high regard for SDC'ers in general.
But then it doesn't seem that he has a high regard for many people.
Slightly lacking in people skills.

Dan

bob40
11-22-2010, 09:37 AM
http://tinyurl.com/28g4jnl

Been discussed before.

DEEPNHOCK
11-22-2010, 10:17 AM
Well...
He has about 70 vehicles listed...

http://tinyurl.com/RK-Car-Farm

Some are 'interesting'....
The guy may be a little gruff, but that may be a reaction to how he was treated.
People skills are needed here, too:D

JBOYLE
11-22-2010, 11:22 AM
From the listing...

"WE ARE NOT A SALVAGE YARD - WE DO NOT PART OUT CARS"

Looks like someone already has... :)

55 56 PREZ 4D
11-23-2010, 07:46 PM
His "happy" customers are mostly [a vast majority] buyers of model train paraphanalia and other "stuff" he sells. From glancing 25 of 44 pages of transactions, confirmed sales [from looking at the transactions] of vehicles of the type I referred to are a very, very, very small part of his sales. The guy is a JOKESTER and as he clearly states, "he doesn't care if the cars sell".[his words] He just likes to have people squirm at the prices and the thought of him sending another vehicle to the crusher. One that could very well provide useful parts if priced accordingly. [ A profit for him for finding and making parts available - A skill he obviously has.]
His "hobby" isn't selling cars, it's chafing people.
The Capitalist System...Ain't it wonderful. Yeah anyone can offer him a lower price, or move on, but that initial price sure makes you squirm. So his gimmick worked with me.
The people with the money to be able to afford his stuff aren't going to go near it. They'll get a recently restored car and make their changes. No dirt, rust, repairs etc.
The people who could use his stuff are the ones who piece a car together [read-more time than money] He could very easily crush all the cars he wants without broadcasting what he's doing. He gets his jollies from people squirming.
HE DOESN'T CARE. [his words]
One more thing.. I'm originally from Western Pennsylvania and had forgotten how bad the cars get back there, sure glad I'm in the Southwest now and don't have to deal with Jokesters like him.
If you get a chance to look, skip his listings and read the questions and answers. Hilarious

jlmccuan
11-23-2010, 08:25 PM
Listing has been removed