Tachometer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tachometer

How is the tach on a 63 Hawk driven, I can see they aren't mechanical so where do they get thier signal. My car does not have a tach I would like to add one, just wondering what else may be needed besides the tach
    Mark Riesch
    New Bern, NC

Originally posted by TXmark View Post
    How is the tach on a 63 Hawk driven, I can see they aren't mechanical so where do they get thier signal. My car does not have a tach I would like to add one, just wondering what else may be needed besides the tach
    Tach sender, tach wiring harness and tach bezel too.
    JDP Maryland

Comment

so how difficult is it to find a "sender" and where on the car is it located? 'distributor maybe?"

or would I be better off with an after market Tach.
      Mark Riesch
      New Bern, NC

Comment

Just a thought, but if you want to add an aftermarket tach you can pick the signal off the negative side of the coil. If you want OEM then like JDP says.

Bob

Comment

The original Tach Senders on 63 Hawks were located behind the dash, mounted to a brace that runs along the back of the dash. Studebaker International sells reproduction senders (you want the rectangle one) that will work with the GT Hawk Tachometer. I'm going to be installing a Tach in my 63 GT Hawk (also didn't come with one) within the next couple of months. I found a complete dash from a GT Hawk, including all the gauges and a Tach and sender, on ebay. Already has come in handy as my speedometer quit working and I was able to swap in the one from the dash I bought and it works great.

Comment

Working...
          X