PDA

View Full Version : Studebaker injured in Western Washington Wind Storm

fatboylust
11-18-2010, 08:52 AM
Hard to believe the Studebaker wasn't the lead story, as it is you have to watch closely as they cover Mr. Smith's damages.

http://www.king5.com/video?id=108547004&sec=548902

DEEPNHOCK
11-18-2010, 09:01 AM
Looks like it was hurt pretty bad before the storm..

silverhawk
11-18-2010, 03:24 PM
That was one heck of a windstorm too! :D My car was outside for that one, and we had a small tree partially uprooted, right behind the wagon. It fell in the opposite direction, God is good! :D

ddub
11-18-2010, 04:17 PM
Thanks for posting this, I missed it on the news. The Ron Smith in the video is a mainstay of the Tacoma chapter of SDC.

StudeDave57
11-18-2010, 06:11 PM
Uh oh~~ TIMBER!!!!!

Glad to see it didn't turn out as bad as it could've been.

This same storm brought down one good sized branch here- it landed on the fence out front- 20 feet from the tree it fell from!!! It missed the mailbox. I'd go out and take care of all the leaves that were also blown down, but most of them are now in the yard next door!!! No worries, though- their leaves are next door to them...

Besides- not long from now they'll be burried in snow. Problem solved. :rolleyes:

JimsLeadCommander
11-19-2010, 12:04 AM
Shoot! Back when I lived in Hawtorne, CA (home of the Beach Boys) we had an Elm tree out front that dropped BIG limbs on quiet days right in the front yard for no reason (other than the wood inside the tree was no good anymore). After the second branch fell; the whole tree was removed. A safety issue!

Bud
11-19-2010, 06:40 AM
I still live in Hawthorne and have a Siberian elm tree living right by the curb in front of my house. Jim you're right, the tree just drops limbs off when it feels like it. The tree is on city property, so they have to maintain it. I call the city parks dept. yearly to trim it . Bud

JimsLeadCommander
11-26-2010, 09:33 PM
Well, how 'bout that Bud? You know our tree could have been a Siberian Elm as well~~not sure; I helped in the planting of it after my Mom purchased it from a local nursery........years and years ago. So, yes it was ON our property near the sidewalk. Be careful out there.

Nelsen Motorsports
11-26-2010, 09:54 PM
We had the roof of our 89 Range Rover caved in by a tree in a tornado, luckfully the glass didn't break and with a jack we straightened the roof out. His name now is old man wrinkles...