Dave Price CBS Needs Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dave Price CBS Needs Help

He is trying to get back to New York by doing some work and has a cell phone. He was in Coeur D"Alene tis mornig at a comvience store. Good opportunity for Studebaker Owners to help and get Studebakers on Natuional TV.
    Allen

Dave Price CBS Needs Help He is trying to get back to New York by doing some work and has a cell phone. He was in Coeur D"Alene tis mornig at a comvience store. Good opportunity for Studebaker Owners to help and get Studebakers on Natuional TV.
    Allen
    Whoa! Absolutely nothing in the above for which I have a referent:

1. Who's Dave Price?
    2. Why is he in Idaho?
    3. Why is he trying to get back to NYC?
    4. What does Dave have to do with CBS?
    5. What sort of work does Dave wish to do?
    6. So Dave's got a cell phone. What's his number?
    7. How long will he be there?
    8. How would getting involved in this be good for Studebakers?
    PackardV8

Comment

Be careful, some of these type of deals come about when someone gets your e-mail addy and starts sending out these appeals for help. I got one a while back from someone I knew ( I thought) asking for money to help them catch a flight back to the US from the UK. The real e-mail addy owner caught on before anyone got shook down for money and warned everybody in his address file that it was a scam!.
      Last edited by 41 Frank; 11-16-2010, 09:49 AM. Reason: spelling
      Frank van Doorn
      Omaha, Ne.
      1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
      1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
      1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

No, this is the real deal. Dave is the morning weather guy on the CBS morning news show. They dropped him off in Anchorage, AK with $50.00 and gave him a week to work his way back to NYC. He was on the air this morn broadcasting from a Conoco Station in Idaho. They are filming his progress and I think it would be kind of cool to see him tooling down the road headed for home in a Studebaker.

Later,

Scott

Comment

Once again, I am reminded why I never, ever watch TV news. Your results may vary.

jack vines
          PackardV8

Comment

Originally posted by s2dwagon View Post
            No, this is the real deal. Dave is the morning weather guy on the CBS morning news show.
            Wow! You mean CBS has a news show? I thought they used to but years ago they changed over to merely cheerleading for every liberal cause that came down the pike. Much like NBC and ABC.

I might have to check and see if that's true.
            John Clary
            Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Leave the politics out....in case you forgot, this is a Studebaker forum

Comment

Originally posted by LStratton View Post
                Leave the politics out....in case you forgot, this is a Studebaker forum
                John Clary
                Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

What a bunch of assholes!

Originally posted by s2dwagon View Post
                  No, this is the real deal. Dave is the morning weather guy on the CBS morning news show. They dropped him off in Anchorage, AK with $50.00 and gave him a week to work his way back to NYC. He was on the air this morn broadcasting from a Conoco Station in Idaho. They are filming his progress and I think it would be kind of cool to see him tooling down the road headed for home in a Studebaker.

Later,

Scott

Comment

Dave Price comes from Poughkeepsie, NY. His parents still reside here. I heard Dave speak at a function recently. He seems like a nice guy. I would not help in this case because I see it as a big advertising move for CBS. Obviously, they have a camera crew following him and have spent a good deal of money on this. If it was truly someone stranded with $50, I would probably help. I do agree that it would be good to have him shown on TV getting a ride in a Studebaker or even washing a Studebaker to make money to eat.
                    Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Amazing waste of everyone's time. Event, Forum, Members, etc.

And I got suckered into sending a reply.

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                        I would not help in this case because I see it as a big advertising move for CBS. Obviously, they have a camera crew following him and have spent a good deal of money on this. If it was truly someone stranded with $50, I would probably help.
                        I suspects its a.) as you say, to test the public's generosity and give some 'free' publicity to those assisting in time of need in the end, or b.) To test the various social service agencies' level of service in all the places he intends to stop at on the way back to NY, and give either a 'pass' or a 'fail' rating to them on TV. The latter has been done many times by 'secret' reporters in the past.

Craig

Comment

Amazing responses, as usual.

Comment

Working...
                          X