Pizza & Studebakers:Rollingstonebaker @ Museum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pizza & Studebakers:Rollingstonebaker @ Museum

Went and had lunch @ The Studebaker National Museum expertly cooked up by The Rollingstonebaker.
    The pizza is EXCELLENT,and the truck is TOO COOL. They started with a low mile (under 20,000 actual miles!) used Studebaker fire truck that was stored in a guys garage for many years. The chassis / drivetrain is all original. It has the Big 6 flathead with a manual trans and a Gear Venders overdrive unit so it will cruise along @ 70 mph if he wants. (A new kind of fast food!) It gets 12 mpg to boot. The paint job is outstanding. What a excellent afternoon.Bet this is the last nice one for this year.

Actual miles when Jim got the truck....1394.... not a typo... He said he has put another, roughly 1300 miles on it since the resto and says it runs really well.. New points, plugs and oil change...the rest is from the old days...pretty cool....The pizza is great too!!

Comment

I'm going to the ND game tomorrow...are they still going to be around or was it today only????

Comment

Steve, just today...sorry....Although they would make a killing at a ND game, selling to the tailgaters...I was gonna ask them about that , but we got busy talking Studes and my brain left all other thoughts behind...

Comment

I was there too later in the day. That was the first time I ever got to see the Stonebaker and ended up with two pizzas and talking studes. I also let him know about this forum. Food and Studebakers, my two favorite things!
          Chris Dresbach

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Dresbach View Post
            Food and Studebakers, my two favorite things!
            Chris, I suggest that you keep this a secret from your girlfriend as she may not appreciate not being your favorite thing.
            sigpic
            In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Neat, Is the owner from SB area, Will he be at any of the International Meets? Only P-Pies? Are there Hot dogs,drinks etc, etc.

Comment

I hope the Michiana Chapter gets him at the May Swap. Are you there Chris or Bob?
                Sales might cut into the Starlight Cafe a bit... But, I'd buy an extra burger there to be able to see the truck!

Comment

This was the first time they had brought the Stonebaker to South Bend, but I can't remember where they are from. I know it's not too far. They plan on coming to the SB May swap meet, but I don't know any of the details. It was mentioned that it would probably cut into the sales at the Starlight Cafe, so I'm not sure of any future plans with that. All the pizzas they were selling were personal pies.
                  Chris Dresbach

Comment

Their web page says they are from Beverly Shores which is just west of Michigan City...about 45 mins. from South Bend.

Comment

Working...
                    X