Has anyone seen my old car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone seen my old car?

Last evening I found the license plate registration for my first Studebaker, the one I had while in
    High School. My grandfather purchased it in July of 1960. The identification number is 5184482.
    The car was a 2-door sedan and was green at the time.
    Sure would be interesting to find out that it is still around.
    Thanks to those who take the time to check out their identification number.

Sincerely,
    sigpicJimmie
    Orange County, Indiana
    1950 CHAMPION -ORANGE COUNTY, INDIANA

I have the Lark I owned back in high school (early 80's). Of course this is the third time I have owned it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmie View Post
      Last evening I found the license plate registration for my first Studebaker, the one I had while in
      High School. My grandfather purchased it in July of 1960. The identification number is 5184482.
      The car was a 2-door sedan and was green at the time.
      Sure would be interesting to find out that it is still around.
      Thanks to those who take the time to check out their identification number.

Sincerely,
      First it would be good to identify the year and model. If the number given is a serial number, I can't figure out what year it is. The number is a little too high for a 1950 and too low for a 1951. The number is not in the correct range for any other postwar Studebaker.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

The car was a i950 2-door sedan and I checked to be sure the number was correct so I don't know it there was a typo or what.
        sigpicJimmie
        Orange County, Indiana
        1950 CHAMPION -ORANGE COUNTY, INDIANA

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmie View Post
          The car was a i950 2-door sedan and I checked to be sure the number was correct so I don't know it there was a typo or what.
          1950 Champions range from G-468,101 to G-889,014, depending on where made and not inclusive. 1950 Commander numbers for South Bend are 4,398,601 to 4,461,853 and for Vernon are 4,839,001 to 4,848,311. I do not have numbers for Hamilton 1950 Commanders. If there were any, the numbers may include your posted number, but I doubt it. If someone has numbers for 1950 Commanders made in Canada, I would appreciate them.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
          X