X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's May 3, and I have some ride options! Thanks

<center>Looking for a ride!
    by Bob Feaganes</center>

I've heard from more of you, but nothing totally settled yet, so more suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Just thought I'd give you an update on what I've found out about my travel options.

1. A STF from Wisc. suggested I could ride one-way with him (he is
    coming down to Lumber Bridge (within 50 miles of my place down here) to pick up his 57 Transtar and haul it back. He's planning to make the trip on either the front end or back end of the South Bend meet (hasn't decided yet).

2. Several others have offered a ride, if I can get to their city of departure. For example:Assuming my Virginia friend has his Studebaker ready, I could go to Richmond, Va and ride out and back. Or I could go to New York and ride with Bams.

3. Greyhound Bus has service between Fayetteville,NC/South Bend,IN, so that's an option, one way or round trip. I just have to book seven days before to get the senior rate.

4. If the Va. Stude isn't ready for the trip, and he wanted to go with me, we could rent a car and drive out and back.

5. I could rent a car and drive both ways.

So, I have a lot more options now than last week. If you have a possibility for me, please make me aware of your situation so I can plan something.

I have a room booked Monday-Friday, prepaid tickets to the STF feast/ tour and my straw hat and overalls packed. I need to confirm a ride to and from South Bend for the June SDC meet. I had a local NC ride lined up, but it seems to have fallen through. I have a place to stay in South Bend, but no way currently to get there.

I will gladly pay my share of gas and other expenses. I am flexible on schedule and can meet at a place of convenience. My son can drive me to meet up with a ride within a hundred miles.

I live in North Carolina on US route I40 near US I95.

Thanks for any good ideas. I will not miss this important meet.

Please Respond to this message.

[img=left]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j259/stude53/studesmall2.jpg[/img=left]Bob Feaganes (stude53)
    53 Starliner Hardtop
    Newton Grove, NC

I would offer, but I may be looking for a ride myself. My 64 Daytona is leaking oil, trans fluid and anti freeze and I am afraid to trust it and my 52 Commander is far from finished, but if I have something to drive, I will be happy to take you from Richmond, VA.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

I would offer, but I may be looking for a ride myself. My 64 Daytona is leaking oil, trans fluid and anti freeze and I am afraid to trust it and my 52 Commander is far from finished, but if I have something to drive, I will be happy to take you from Richmond, VA.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by stude53

by Bob Feaganes</center>
        A problem has me sweating!

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Its not written anywhere you can't drive your newer air-conditioned, CD equipped 'Brand-X'.[] It may not be as much fun as driving the real thing, but at least your at the meet!

Craig

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by stude53

by Bob Feaganes</center>
          A problem has me sweating!

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Its not written anywhere you can't drive your newer air-conditioned, CD equipped 'Brand-X'.[] It may not be as much fun as driving the real thing, but at least your at the meet!

Craig

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 8E45E
            Its not written anywhere you can't drive your newer air-conditioned, CD equipped 'Brand-X'.[]
            That is exactly what I will be doing, with a Studebaker buggy in tow. Since I do not own a horse, it is the best option for me.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 8E45E
              Its not written anywhere you can't drive your newer air-conditioned, CD equipped 'Brand-X'.[]
              That is exactly what I will be doing, with a Studebaker buggy in tow. Since I do not own a horse, it is the best option for me.

Comment

If your hitch hiking along MI 69 I'll pick you up

HOME of THE FRIED GREEN TOMATO

1950 2R5
                1960 Lark 2dr
                1960 Champ
                1964 Daytona HT
                sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

If your hitch hiking along MI 69 I'll pick you up

HOME of THE FRIED GREEN TOMATO

1950 2R5
                  1960 Lark 2dr
                  1960 Champ
                  1964 Daytona HT
                  sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Bob, I may detour to I69 if I can get a ride in the Fried Green Tomato.

[img=left]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j259/stude53/studesmall2.jpg[/img=left]Bob Feaganes (stude53)
                    53 Starliner Hardtop
                    Newton Grove, NC

Comment

Bob, I may detour to I69 if I can get a ride in the Fried Green Tomato.

53 Starliner Hardtop
                      Newton Grove, NC

Comment

Craig, that is an option, in a rental, Thanks for the suggestion.

Gary, maybe I could dress in black, carry my stuff in a doctor's bag, and ride in the buggy.

53 Starliner Hardtop
                        Newton Grove, NC

Comment

Craig, that is an option, in a rental, Thanks for the suggestion.

Gary, maybe I could dress in black, carry my stuff in a doctor's bag, and ride in the buggy.

53 Starliner Hardtop
                          Newton Grove, NC

Comment

No seat belts or wind screen, could be a scary experience....[:0]

Comment

No seat belts or wind screen, could be a scary experience....[:0]

Comment

Working...
                              X