Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• old TW infor??

Hi All,
    In the July 1990 issue is an article, "The Studebaker V8 Story" Part 1: 1949-1954 written by Corbin Walters. No mention of this article is listed in the TW Index. Does anyone know if there were more parts and what issues they appeared in?
    Thanks,
    Mr Mike

That was a reprint from (I think) Hot Rod Magazine. I have the whole reprint. I will look for it tonight and see if the whole story was printed in TW.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

That was a reprint from (I think) Hot Rod Magazine. I have the whole reprint. I will look for it tonight and see if the whole story was printed in TW.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

Hey Leonard,
        Thanks a bunch!
        Mr Mike

Comment

Hey Leonard,
          Thanks a bunch!
          Mr Mike

Comment

It is listed in Jan Young's index, and it only shows a Part 1. The article does have excerpts from the engineering paper, plus a lot of additional information from Corbin. R. Quinn also provides a bio on Stan Sparrow, one of the original V8 engineers.

Dwain G.
            Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

It is listed in Jan Young's index, and it only shows a Part 1. The article does have excerpts from the engineering paper, plus a lot of additional information from Corbin. R. Quinn also provides a bio on Stan Sparrow, one of the original V8 engineers.

Dwain G.
              Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

I am not sure that I am thinking of the same article. The one I was referring to was in the August 52 issue of Hot Rod Magazine. I found the magazine. Here are a couple of pages. It covers 6 full pages with illustrations and parts of 4 others. If you email me, I can either send it to you by email or make copies and send it by snail mail.

While I was scanning the magazine, I ran across this article about Studebaker speed parts catalog.
                Man, I am going to send them my dime!
                I can't wait to get the catalog!

Comment

I am not sure that I am thinking of the same article. The one I was referring to was in the August 52 issue of Hot Rod Magazine. I found the magazine. Here are a couple of pages. It covers 6 full pages with illustrations and parts of 4 others. If you email me, I can either send it to you by email or make copies and send it by snail mail.

While I was scanning the magazine, I ran across this article about Studebaker speed parts catalog.
                  Man, I am going to send them my dime!
                  I can't wait to get the catalog!

Comment

I sent it by email, Mr. Mike. Let me know if you get it.

Comment

I sent it by email, Mr. Mike. Let me know if you get it.

Comment

Working...
                      X