'49 Convertible in the Pressler family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '49 Convertible in the Pressler family

This is Bill's brother-in-law Harley's new car posing with his '63 Skytop during his annual winter storage trek across the state line into Greenville: A picture that Bill sent to me, which I'm sure will have a Pressleresque story behind it.

Here, also, are some shots of Bill enjoying some of the new members' cars who showed up Sunday. He doesn't know them yet, he just sits in their car and drools when they aren't looking. Very embarrassing. <GG>

Some of our Ohio Region veterans enjoying Kathy's '53.

My brother-in-law Harley has had a '56 Sky Hawk for something like 30 years, but getting to know me has gotten him into Studebakers again! His Dad had a yellow '49 Champion convertible back in the day and Harley decided he wanted this '49 that was for sale in the TW a few months back. It is indeed a beauty. He bought it near Grand Rapids, MI and I guess that fellow bought it from someone in the Atlanta area a few years before that. My sister took the picture after I asked her to get a pic or two of both Studes in the garage...they felt the need to 'wheel 'em out!'

He's a member of SDC and I think I'm going to get him into either our Ohio Region SDC and/or a western PA region of SDC too.

Yeah, the Avanti I thought was one of the meet hosts' many Studes around the property, so I sat in it. I later found out that the true owners, new Ohio Region SDC members, were standing behind the car, waiting for me to get out and no doubt wondering who I was!! It was pretty embarrassing! Ever the 'wag', Dave told them that at least with me sitting in the car, they didn't have to worry about a screwdriver in my back pocket doing any damage! I was testing it out to see if a big gut can really fit behind an Avanti wheel!
    Last edited by Bill Pressler; 11-09-2010, 06:01 AM.
    Bill Pressler
    Kent, OH
    (formerly Greenville, PA)
    Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
    Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
    1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
    1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
    All are in Australia now

Comment

Bill, you look good behind the wheel of that Avanti...and it's not even a tilt wheel! BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I see '47 bumper guards and a '48 grill on that '49 convertible. (Not that there's anything wrong with that...)
        KURTRUK
        (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by kurtruk View Post
          I see '47 bumper guards and a '48 grill on that '49 convertible. (Not that there's anything wrong with that...)
          I was not aware of that. From '50 on, I can identify every Stude by year, but the '47-49's are too close for me to differentiate.
          Bill Pressler
          Kent, OH
          (formerly Greenville, PA)
          Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
          Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
          1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
          1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
          All are in Australia now

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
            Bill, you look good behind the wheel of that Avanti...and it's not even a tilt wheel! BP
            Bill really likes to slide into a Studebaker seat and smile like about 13,000 others, Bob. Those were not comfortable, though. Plenty of room behind the wheel!

Here are the owners arriving and Dave MaMahon admiring the clean body, but scratching his head over the 3" white walls that came with it when they bought it. This is a very nice '64 with the '63 headlights.

Comment

Working...
            X