62 Hawks and Jim Bergner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 62 Hawks and Jim Bergner

In the thread 62 Hawks, on post #29 it mentions Jim Bergner. He was active in the AOIA local here in the mid 70's. He and his wife Laura were Presidents of the local. If anyone around here knows any contact info. for him I would appreciate it. He took the pics. at the 75 and 76 Gordon Williams Orphan Drags at Irwindale Raceway and I would like some pics. of my car.

He is not listed in the 2008-2009 SDC Roster.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Lethal Lark

If you remember he and his Brother Dick owned the "Lethal Lark", a pale YELLOW '60 Lark 2 dr. and raced it at several L.A. area Dragstrips like Irwindale, that is probably the one someone thought had an R3, my memory is that it was a built R2 or a R4 (it had Dual Quads) with twin Paxtons and really fast.

One of the brothers bought the Green Mist '63 Lark Daytona H.T. Skytop, R2 H.D. Flight-O-Matic that I test drove from the owners house in Palos Verdes Estates. I decided it might be a bit over my head with raising the boys and one on the way, so left without buying it. A few weeks later I get a call from the owner, he says the price went down considerably (I think under $1000.00), as he just hit someone in the rear on a foggy morning and wrecked the front clip. I still did not buy it and later one of the Bergoners (I think Dick) did.
      Though not many people at the time recognized it, including me, it is now a REALLY RARE car today!

What kind of car did you take to the Gordon Williams Memoral Drags, Alan?

I may have a pic of it, I raced our Family Yellow/Gold '63 Wagonaire 289 Auto. there, and my Wife drove it and raced and beat Rozz Metzker in her '63 Lark Cruiser, Overdrive with a worn shifter.
      Last edited by StudeRich; 11-08-2010, 01:56 PM.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I had the Metalflake blue sports car with a 232 Stude in it. Although they called it a Chevy in the Avanti owners association news letter.

Comment

Not much chance I would pay any attention to it, if it wasn't a Stude.! Lol!
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

What does it look like to you?

Comment

WOW! That is too cool. You couldn't overlook that, Rich???

Comment

Car Craft Feb. 1954 pages 40-44

Comment

Originally posted by barnlark View Post
                  WOW! That is too cool. You couldn't overlook that, Rich???
                  Well, In Dad's defense---
                  I barely remember the one of these two events, but I do remember enough~

He was there with three sons in tow and a lead-footed wife!!! (yup- that'd be my MOM!!!)
                  He and Mom were BOTH beating the crap outta that poor Wagonaire!!!
                  That car survived to be my first (underage) 'drive' I ever made~ at a much later date.
                  Parts of that car STILL survive to this day in a certain SoCal Avanti...
                  StudeDave '57
                  US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                  SDC Member since 1985

past President
                  Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                  San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                  San Diego Chapter SDC
                  North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Working...