Did a little work on the dash today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did a little work on the dash today.

In between raking leaves, trying to get my 3 year old daughter to take a nap, and taking my 6 year old to a friends house to play, I managed to get about 30 mins to clean up the dash on my Power Hawk. It only took a few years to get around to it. That Dremmel tool is the best $45 I ever spent.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by stevo5671 View Post
    In between raking leaves, trying to get my 3 year old daughter to take a nap, and taking my 6 year old to a friends house to play, I managed to get about 30 mins to clean up the dash on my Power Hawk. It only took a few years to get around to it. That Dremmel tool is the best $45 I ever spent.
    Great work. I have used a Dremmel tool for years. Everything from what you did to trimming the toenails on the poodle. Great tool!
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Looks superb!
      Jeff
      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Wow! That looks great! I need details! What bit did you use? What compound? Your pictures are very motivating.
        Carey
        Packard Hawk

Comment

Originally posted by Dads Baby View Post
          Wow! That looks great! I need details! What bit did you use? What compound? Your pictures are very motivating.
          Nothing too fancy. I used a Dremmel brass wire polishing brush with Turtle Wax Chrome Polish and Rust Remover.

Comment

Thanks Steve. I have been wanting to tackle my dash since we got our car. I'll keep you posted!
            Carey
            Packard Hawk

Comment

Be sure to wax it now! That trim rusted in the first place because the chrome was imperfect. Put a couple of coats of whatever car wax you use on top of it, and it will keep moisture from attacking again.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
              X