Progress report on my 53

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Progress report on my 53

Well I have driven 136 miles and things seem to be checking out pretty good. Drove to
    car show this weekend. I need to finish the heater and defroster. Get the door glasses
    in. Get the quarter windows in, and put the hood on. The hood is not the one that came
    on the car and I have to strip all the undercoating (ugh) from underneath, and paint the
    outside and underside. Once I get these items and wiper arms and blades, it will be a
    everyday driver, till it's finished.

Not hard to keep up with my mileage

Here's a updated photo. Note hood in background. I really do have one. LOL

Love the vibe of your car, especially the retro gauges! How does it run? Let me get this straight...heater and defroster in Alabama??? My car has no heater and defroster, I just drive with the windows down and vent wings open, never fogs up. This morning was -8C (that's about 20F) and went for my last drive of the season because next week I'm starting on my trans swap...was a little cold on the hands, but at least the sun was up due to daylight savings time change. Once again, very cool retro-stude, keep us posted. Junior
    sigpic
    1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Plates Ran out on my Stude on Sunday too. Went on a great Garage tour though, but it is still watersking weather here in the Okanagan. Just Kidding!
      Brian
      Brian Woods
      woodysrods@shaw.ca
      1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Hey Flash.....what wheels are you wearing? Are they original Studebaker?
        Bill Foy
        1000 Islands, Ontario
        1953 Starlight Coupe

Comment

Hey Bill, The front wheels are 74 Dodge 1/2 ton PU. They are 15X5.5 and the backset is real close to the Stude.
          I modified them to accept the Stude. hubcaps. The rear are 69 Corvette, 15X8 ( I sneaked a S-10 rear end in),
          and the same goes for the hubcaps back there.
          O, by the way Junior, it runs great. Thanks for the kind words.
          Last edited by Flashback; 11-09-2010, 05:37 AM.

Comment

Certainly a nice car and I like the dash redo. It should be a great driver and get a lot of attention.

The only problem I see is you keep the shop way to neat. I spent two weeks making mine looks like that and it messy after one week. Maybe Judy was right about a couple of the flaws she pointed out this AM.

Bob

Comment

TEX , great looking car , and I too like the retro gauges. Damn nice garage !
              1942 Packard Clipper Custom Touring Sedan * 1952 Studebaker Champion Regal * 1954 Studebaker Commander Regal Starlight * 1967 Thunderbird Hdtp * 1969 Continental Mark III * 1969 Mercury Marquis convertible * 1972 Buick Riviera * 1973 Continental Mark IV * 1978 Glass Top Lincoln Town Car * 1983 Mercedes 300SD * 1986 Dodge RAM 4WD * 1999 Infiniti Q45

Comment

What did you do to get the hub caps to 'stick'? I would like to use those caps on my project and would be interested to know how you did it.
                Bill Foy
                1000 Islands, Ontario
                1953 Starlight Coupe

Comment

I will try to get some photos on the hubcap mod. I have done it two ways. I put the clip slots in some, but it seems to not work as good with new clips. It works great with used clips? In others I have used a small round furniture piece that is threaded in the side. Just drill a 1/4 in. hole and bolt three on in the appropiate place. I will try and post some pictures and some info.

Comment

Working...
                  X