Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GT Hawk fan shroud interchangeability with other models?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GT Hawk fan shroud interchangeability with other models?

The fan shroud on my '62 Hawk has been slightly modified with a cutting torch, sometime years ago. Why it was cut I don't know, but would like to find a replacement. Anyone know what other years and models are a direct fit? For example, does a '55 Speedster have the same fan shroud? Anyone near me have a shroud to sell for a GT Hawk?

Thank you
    sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Not near you, but I have a couple.

jack vines
    PackardV8

Comment

Sometimes cowboys used to torch out a piece of the shroud when adding AC or Supercharger to clear the pulley, instead of replacing with the correct shroud. Dan

Comment

Originally posted by ivorydan View Post
        Sometimes cowboys used to torch out a piece of the shroud when adding AC or Supercharger to clear the pulley, instead of replacing with the correct shroud. Dan
        Cowboys?? My experience is that most true cowboys are pretty well educated but extremely poor.(Having lived in Wyoming for nearly 10 years some time ago).
        Probably MIDWEST type re-engineered.
        lived there for 10 years too.
        Last edited by bezhawk; 11-07-2010, 07:49 AM.
        Bez Auto Alchemy
        573-318-8948
        http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

All of the '56 to '64 Hawks have the same height hood and all V-8 shrouds SHOULD be able to do the job.
          There is NO chance of a '53-'55 C or K shroud working at all. No other models after '55 even have a shroud as standard equipment, so that would be it.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
            All of the '56 to '64 Hawks have the same height hood and all V-8 shrouds SHOULD be able to do the job.
            There is NO chance of a '53-'55 C or K shroud working at all. No other models after '55 even have a shroud as standard equipment, so that would be it.
            Thanks for the information Rich, much appreciated.
            sigpic
            In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Working...
            X