63 Cruiser in CA, $1500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 63 Cruiser in CA, $1500

Looks like a whole lot of car for the money! I thought REAL hard about going for the $1400 shipping to get this one:

Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
    Looks like a whole lot of car for the money! I thought REAL hard about going for the $1400 shipping to get this one:

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/2032123254.html
    My favorite four-door Studebaker....

Too bad it doesn't have broadcloth! The '63 broadcloth looks like it's out of a Fleetwood!

(I know we've discussed that before.)
    Bill Pressler
    Kent, OH
    (formerly Greenville, PA)
    Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
    Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
    1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
    1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
    All are in Australia now

Comment

And it is being sold by a well known So. Calif. SDC Member, it is from an Estate that had many Studebakers and were discussed here before. This is a major price reduction as well.

No, I have no connection to the car or it's owner, but it does look like a very good car and an even better price.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Just fly out there and drive it home Bob! after you take care of the tires, brakes, registration...

Comment

That does look like a nice ride! Lotta potential in that one. When I got mine, it had 3x the mileage and was 1/2 as nice for 2x the price

But that "desirable Rose Mist color" line cracks me up!

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by ozarkman View Post
            Just fly out there and drive it home Bob! after you take care of the tires, brakes, registration...
            Funny thing about that, Fred... A long-time resident on my Bucket List is in fact buying a classic car on the WC and driving it home to NY. I could bring a dealer plate with me and be ready to go on the road! I could catch a cab from an airport and literally drive off legally- go get some new tires and fluids changed, head to a FLAPS and get new hoses and belts, buy a cheapo tool set, plug in the GPS and head East!

Of course in the real world, I'd need the time off, copious amounts of money, and hardest of all to get, the patience and willingness <G>

Being that Rich knows of the car makes it that much more attractive too! If I hadn't recently bought a 60 Lark 4dr. for my driver, I'd be that much more tempted.....
            Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
            Romans 15:13
            Deuteronomy 31:6
            Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

I need to check on this one as Riverside is about 80 miles from me. The car would make a good town car for me because I hate to leave the Avanti in parking lots and I'm sure the gas mileage will be a bunch better. Bud

Comment

Bud, if you do not get his number or reach him, email me for it.
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Well guys, I’ve been laying low on finishing up liquidating the collection I bought. I actually didn’t get called out to work last weekend, and listed this Cruiser. Not the best listing and the pictures are not the best, but still getting some calls, even got a call from this tread. This is the last car to go, and I felt the price was a fair one to both parties. It really is a nice car, and I actually like the rose mist /brown interior combo, I guess the rose mist is a love or hate it color. The total lack of rust and non cracked dash board are standouts to me. If I didn’t already have so many irons in the fire, I’d be more tempted to keep it.
                  My number is on the CL ad, I have more pictures if anyone likes.
                  sigpic
                  Ross.
                  Riverside, Ca.
                  1957 Provincial X2
                  1958 Transtar

Comment

Ross is about the nicest guy you would ever want to meet. I have seen the car & its everything as stated.
                    59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
                    60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
                    61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
                    62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
                    62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
                    62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
                    63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
                    63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
                    64 Zip Van
                    66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
                    66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

I spoke with Ross yesterday evening and I'm planning on looking at the car either this afternoon or tomorrow. Bud

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
                        Funny thing about that, Fred... A long-time resident on my Bucket List is in fact buying a classic car on the WC and driving it home to NY. I could bring a dealer plate with me and be ready to go on the road! I could catch a cab from an airport and literally drive off legally- go get some new tires and fluids changed, head to a FLAPS and get new hoses and belts, buy a cheapo tool set, plug in the GPS and head East!

Of course in the real world, I'd need the time off, copious amounts of money, and hardest of all to get, the patience and willingness <G>

Being that Rich knows of the car makes it that much more attractive too! If I hadn't recently bought a 60 Lark 4dr. for my driver, I'd be that much more tempted.....
                        One of our club members flew up to PA and drove a '60 4 door back to AR alone! It took him 3 days and the car ran great! It sounds like it would be quite the adventure. ;-)

Comment

Working...
                        X