Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In Chicago's Snotty* Northern Suburbs....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Chicago's Snotty* Northern Suburbs....

(* Warning: The use of the word 'snotty' might be offensive to some more sensitive readers)

Google and Avanti's are corrupting me

Last edited by DEEPNHOCK; 11-04-2010, 05:07 AM.
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

There seems to be a rule that new, gaudy subdivisions must be named after what USED to be there. Examples: Fox Hill, Orchard Lane, Jones Farm Estates, Grand View Heights. You get the picture! Now, where was the old Avanti in that Illinois development...?
    Gary Ash
    Dartmouth, Mass.

'32 Indy car replica (in progress)
    ’41 Commander Land Cruiser
    '48 M5
    '65 Wagonaire Commander
    '63 Wagonaire Standard
    web site at http://www.studegarage.com

Comment

From the article posted by DEEPNHOCK
      The average real estate taxes in Avanti Ridge is $10,400 on all active properties.
      Just think, for the average property tax you could buy a really nice Avanti or even a Studebaker every year or two.

I know, If you can afford the taxes, you can afford the cars too. It's just that my(Cheap Arse) priorities would not let me pay those sums to live where they wouldn't let me enjoy my main hobby. The care and feeding of my car jones.

Bob

Comment

I "obtained" a couple of signs from a subdivision called Starlite Place in Keyes, Ca. Went out to the garage where I park my Starlight to take a picture of it for this thread. Huh. Guess I took it down when I put a cabinet up.
        BTW: You drive on Rhode Rd. to get to the Starlite Place subdivision with street names like Hepburn, etc.
        KURTRUK
        (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Could be worse: when my dad's family sold off the mountain named after them in the Berkshires, developers named the new McMansion subdivision after them, with "Acres" on the end. BOMK, not one member of the family can afford [the taxes] to live on that street.

Comment

Why are you bashing people in Chicago's Northern Suburbs as being snotty? I really don't see the connection. I'ved in Chicago my whole life, and while the cost of living is higher, that doesn't make us "snotty". I live in a Western suburb of Chicago, and my taxes are a little over $10,000. I guess that makes me snotty too.

Comment

Originally posted by Dougie View Post
              Why are you bashing people in Chicago's Northern Suburbs as being snotty? I really don't see the connection. I'ved in Chicago my whole life, and while the cost of living is higher, that doesn't make us "snotty". I live in a Western suburb of Chicago, and my taxes are a little over $10,000. I guess that makes me snotty too.
              Jeff is from the suburbs of Chicago, so he's probably just talking about himself.

Comment

Avanti Ridge...isn't that above Lark Valley and oil leak meadow?
                63 Avanti R1 2788
                1914 Stutz Bearcat
                (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Being a Truck Guy...

I'll be looking for a lot on "Transtar Terrace", "Champ Commons" or "Diesel Drive".
                  Mark Hayden
                  '66 Commander

Comment

Hey, Mark
                    Here's the home for you.
                    Single Family for sale: 2225 Diesel Avenue, Santa Maria-Orcutt, CA 93458

Comment

My son a few years back bought a new 2 story home in Roseville, Ca. and the builder was Avanti Builders his street was night hawk circle, nice house and deverlopment but to small for my son after a few years so they moved.
                      Candbstudebakers
                      Castro Valley,
                      California

Comment

If you are from the western suburbs, you wouldn't understand the gold coast, or the north side <lol>..
                        (Matt's right...I have some Blackhawk chapter SDC blood letted a few decades ago)
                        Jeff

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Bob...

Originally posted by stude53 View Post
                          Hey, Mark
                          Here's the home for you.
                          Single Family for sale: 2225 Diesel Avenue, Santa Maria-Orcutt, CA 93458
                          Don't tempt me, we're suppossed to get a big snowfall winter here and this place sounds like a much warmer climate!
                          Mark Hayden
                          '66 Commander

Comment

Don't mean to get overly sensitive, but when I say I grew up in Chicago, I mean the area. I've lived in the city, in Evanston and now in the Northwest suburbs, and my wife went to school and lived in Wilmette. Definitely North Shore. I'm 55 years old, have never lived anywhere else and am very familiar with the Gold Coast, North Side, Logan Square, Bucktown, Boystown, Lakeview, Portage Park, Lincoln Park, Greektown and on and on. I guess I just take offense to someone from Georgia labeling us as snotty, and following that up by telling me I don't understand the area.

Comment

I live in a Western suburb of Chicago, and my taxes are a little over $10,000.
                              I would sure like to know what you get for your $10K in taxes!! I hope during winter, they plow the city portion of the sidewalk in front of your house every time it snows, for example. I know if I had to pay that amount, I'd sure like to see a lot more than I do now, and I pay just under a 1/4 of that amount per year.

Craig

Comment

Working...
                              X