Otis - Part VIII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Otis - Part VIII

Just got my Nov. 2010 TWs,good reading (and those pics are like GOLD!
    Joseph R. Zeiger

November

Still waiting for October.
    Mark Hayden
    '66 Commander

Comment

OUCH! Mark.
      Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

I think the "Conversations with Otis" series is some of the best reading on the "inside baseball" aspects of the smaller car companies in the fifties. Its real insight
        into the inherent problems with being a small player in a very large pond.
        Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

http://sites.google.com/site/intrigu...tivehistories/

(/url) https://goo.gl/photos/ABBDQLgZk9DyJGgr5

Comment

I've really enjoyed "Conversations with Otis" very much. Very well done and comparable to Fred Fox's articles.
          I've never seen another club magazine as complete or as thorough as Turning Wheels. We, in the Studebaker hobby, are truly fortunate to have such a terrific resource.
          Rog
          '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
          Smithtown,NY
          Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Originally posted by stall View Post
            I think the "Conversations with Otis" series is some of the best reading on the "inside baseball" aspects of the smaller car companies in the fifties. Its real insight
            into the inherent problems with being a small player in a very large pond.
            It is great to see it all in print now. He gave a big lecture on Studebaker's problems with getting the 1953 cars into production at the International Meet in South Bend in 1983. Reading through it all brings back memories of him in the atrium at the Holidome.

Craig

Comment

Re: Ouch!

Originally posted by 63t-cab View Post
              OUCH! Mark.
              Well, October's TW came on Nov. 1st - so life is good. And yes, I have also particularly enjoyed this series of articles as well.
              Mark Hayden
              '66 Commander

Comment

Sitting in a room and hearing Otis speak Studebaker was something I will never forget. He was a master story teller and had a great sense of humor.

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
                  It is great to see it all in print now. He gave a big lecture on Studebaker's problems with getting the 1953 cars into production at the International Meet in South Bend in 1983. Reading through it all brings back memories of him in the atrium at the Holidome.

Craig
                  Otis was quite a character. IIRC, he came out of the hospital to speak to us in 1993 and still had his hospital wristband on for his return.
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
                  X