This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice article About Classic Enterprises

(snippet copy - see link for complete article)

What began as necessity - he needed an air vent shrouding - has become a small but thriving industry for the former elementary school history teacher whose business, Classic Enterprises, is now the largest supplier of aftermarket body panels for Studebakers. Classic Enterprises employs 3.5 workers who stay busy stamping out floor panels, tailgates, rocker panels, body supports, door skins and spare tire wheel wells among many other parts that gear heads need to turn their rusty old Studebaker into a sweet ride.
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

.5 ??????????????

Comment

Interesting article, thanks for sharing

murray
      Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

http://sites.google.com/site/intrigu...tivehistories/

(/url) https://goo.gl/photos/ABBDQLgZk9DyJGgr5

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post

Classic Enterprises employs 3.5 workers
        Who's the half? <G>

Comment

Maybe he hired a midget, or he conciders himself the 1/2.
          101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Originally posted by stall View Post
            Interesting article, thanks for sharing

murray
            He provides a good service for Stude buffs. I've never used him, but my '64 could use his services (LOL)!

He always seemed like a friendly guy at the swap meets.

Good for him! Good article.
            Bill Pressler
            Kent, OH
            (formerly Greenville, PA)
            Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
            Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
            1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
            1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
            All are in Australia now

Comment

His name is Horatio. Opie Taylor can't stop thinking about him

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
              Who's the half? <G>

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Comment

Good article. I bought a floor kit from them year ago and I live in Ca. One of these days I'll install it!

Gordon

Comment

Reminds me of the DJ on one of our radio stations that made a respectful, but tongue in cheek reference to Def Leppard and it's one arm drummer when he announced the song he was going to play:

"And here we have Def Leppard with Stagefright who's band still retains 3 3/4 of its members still "
                  1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
                  1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
                  1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
                  1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

That was a nice article. It's good to see someone who's being recognized for doing good work.
                    Rog
                    '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                    Smithtown,NY
                    Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Originally posted by PlainBrownR2 View Post
                      Reminds me of the DJ on one of our radio stations that made a respectful, but tongue in cheek reference to Def Leppard and it's one arm drummer when he announced the song he was going to play:

"And here we have Def Leppard with Stagefright who's band still retains 3 3/4 of its members still "
                      I know someone who lost part of his ring finger to the first joint in an industrial accident. Whenever he goes to a restaurant and waits to be served and is asked for how many, he holds up three fingers including his partial ring finger. He says "Me, my wife, and my KID" He never fails to get a reaction from the hostesses. )

Craig

Comment

Buy one of his soon to never be run again "Stainless Steel Hawk Fin Strip Kits" and ask him how to install it. He will tell you he has no idea but if you figure it out to let him know. He will still take your money though! The guy is a crook!

Comment

How many 'other' of his products have you bought 'and installed'?????
                          The crook label needs more detailed explanation...from you.
                          Did you wreck them? Did your tech wreck them?
                          Tossing out a slam on a vendor on this forum should not be taken lightly.
                          If it is with merit, accurate, fact based, and verifiable....Then it is a service you bring to our small circle.
                          If it because of a single incident, without explanation, or direction...then expect some questions.
                          Please add more to your comment.

Originally posted by StudeMichael View Post
                          Buy one of his soon to never be run again "Stainless Steel Hawk Fin Strip Kits" and ask him how to install it. He will tell you he has no idea but if you figure it out to let him know. He will still take your money though! The guy is a crook!

Jeff

Comment

Love the, uh, "recollections" provided by reader's comments in the original article, especially the '57 GH.
                            KURTRUK
                            (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Call him up and ask him yourself how to bend those stainless steel hawk fin strips Jeff. I have bought other parts for floor pan repair and the fit is terrible. Many will attest to it. I don't know why you are hyping this guy. He is a crook and rips people off. He should be banned as a vendor.

Comment

Working...
                              X