Hello and update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello and update

Its been a while since I've posted and thought I'd say hello. Things have been hectic and good here. I was promoted at work and have less "play time" than before. I've not bought another Studebaker yet. I was browsing through some posts this morning and saw a contentious exchange. For the record, lol, I'm saving right now. Eventually, I will buy another one, but as many members are aware, I want to get one that just needs some cosmetics and a little tinkering. I'm not in a huge rush as I have a daily driver that I love equally as much as the Studebakers. The next one I'm gonna be very specific about the car as I don't want to deal with the heartache/heartbreaks of the last several. When a nice 60 two door post sedan v8 auto makes itself known, I will have to give it a lot of consideration. I could do a Hawk or Avanti, but I like the uniqueness/cuteness of those early Larks. Before I got into Studebakers heavily, I was into SAABs and had very good luck with them. A very nice SAAB convertible presented itself and I snapped it up. Attached are a few pictures of it. The next Studebaker will have to be in close condition to this car for me to consider it. I heard there was an Ontario meet this weekend and was thinking about driving over tomorrow to say hello to my friends I haven't seen for a while. So, until the right one shows up I'll be lurking in the shadows. Take care everyone.
    Bob
    Attached Files

Good to hear from you! Sounds like you are on the right track, and your previous cars were indeed a let down. That is a very nice convertable, and good luck on your search!
    Dylan Wills
    Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
    1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
    1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
    1914 Ford Model T

Comment

I think that meet was last weekend so I think you missed it.
      Mabel 1949 Champion
      Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
      Gus 1958 Transtar
      The Prez 1955 President State
      Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
      Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
      Fresno,Ca

Comment

Good to hear from you, Bob! Funny you mention Saab- a very good friend of mine happens to be one of, if not the, largest Saab used parts seller in the world! His Northern location is 4 miles from my house, and just around the corner from my work. Eric is one of the hardest working people you'd ever meet, and a good Christian man to boot! As his last name, Stooks, might tell you, he is of Swedish heritage (although American born), and he just bought a large property next to the Saab complex to expand into the other Swedish brand, Volvo. If you need something Saab, I guarantee he's got it!

Hope you find just the Stude you want! I posted a 59 2dr. HT mentioning you a couple months or so ago, just joking around hoping you'd see it, and for some reason got jumped on. Of course, no offense intended. If I see a real candidate I'll definitely let you know!
        Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
        Romans 15:13
        Deuteronomy 31:6
        Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Good to hear from you Bob!!! Rest assured~ we're all on the look-out for you.

The only Larks I know of right now are everything but 2 door sedans...

(my brother did have one recently, but it was a 'project' of sorts)
          StudeDave '57
          US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
          SDC Member since 1985

past President
          Whatcom County Chapter SDC
          San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
          San Diego Chapter SDC
          North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Thanks for the well wishes guys. Sorry I missed the meet.. I think it was raining the weekend of the meet. When its time, the right one will show up. I'm not in any hurry. Life has been much simpler not having to tinker under the hood on a daily basis.

Comment

Originally posted by 63larkcustom View Post
              Life has been much simpler not having to tinker under the hood on a daily basis.
              Spoken like a man with obvious experience...
              Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
              Romans 15:13
              Deuteronomy 31:6
              Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Working...
              X