Auffin Hausen speed parts??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auffin Hausen speed parts??

On ebay right now there is a 49 Champion for sale that comes with an engine that is supposed to be rebuilt with a mellings cam and Auffin Hausen head and intake. Has anyone here heard of Aiffin Hausen? I am familiar with Offenhauser, but not this company. Could this be a knock off of the day trying to capitalize on the Offy name?
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Someone doesn't know how to spell Offenhauser in English! A problem many of us have, especially those of us who are prone to 'Senior Moments'. Frank
    Last edited by studelark; 10-26-2010, 04:32 PM. Reason: added sentence

Comment

I thought it was misspelled too at first, but the name is cast into the intake manifold.
      Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

I can see HAUSE between the carbs. That's all.

Brad Johnson,
        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Originally posted by 52-fan View Post
          I thought it was misspelled too at first, but the name is cast into the intake manifold.
          I don't think so. The two engine shots I saw just show "nhause" between the carbs, which indicates 'Offenhauser' to me, with the ends covered by carbs.

Wonder if this car has mole hair upholstery?

BTW, here it is:
          Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
          Romans 15:13
          Deuteronomy 31:6
          Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Some one just had the "tex" spelling sendrome !!!!!
            that means they spell like me.

Comment

Being from New Orleans i be afraid of a flooding issue,Think i'd have to look at it first.
              101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Bless his heart, I hope the owner gets a fair price for this project. I (being an unashamed CASO) would be reluctant to pay his starting bid for a complete '49 2 dr sedan ready to drive. Anybody willing to pay that amount for what amounts to an unorganized pile of parts will start upside down in value and continue to plunge into a deep hole from there.

If you were to bring it back to museum quality, I don't think this car would come close to recouping its restoration cost even if you had it at one of the high-roller auctions with an excited worked-up drunk rich audience!

Unfortunately, this appears as just another example of how dreams and reality force choices at life's crossroads. I wish the best for the owner and hope the car survives in the process.
                John Clary
                Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

[QUOTE=rockne10;497886]I can see HAUSE between the carbs. That's all.

After blowing the picture up and looking again, I think you're right. Part of what was confusing me appears to be dirt on the part. I agree about the owner being in for disappointment. The car looks like a fair project, but a pile of parts is not going to bring much money and the engine looks to have been neglected for a long time.
                  Searcy, Arkansas
                  1952 2R pickup

Comment

Does anyone know what carbs those are?? Egge Machine and Summit racing has those manifolds. I'd like to get one.
                    Working on old cars separates the men from the golfers.

Comment

Working...
                    X