I need a set of bumper bars 53 C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a set of bumper bars 53 C

Started to put my bumper on tonight and found out the 3 piece bar set is missmatched.
    The bumper was off when I got the car, and I thought it would be correct.
    Anyway I need a 53 second design or a 54 set for a C body coupe. Anyone have a GOOD
    set for sale? FRONT BUMPER

Three piece Bar set? What? Did it come with Vertical or Corner Guards?
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Sounds like you've got a set for a 50. Two guards with an upside down U shape.
      Normal 54 is two upright guards. Bumper side guards are also possible.

Ben DeBumper

Comment

I think he is talking about needing the front bumper bar 3 piece bracket set, not the bar it's self.
        Candbstudebakers
        Castro Valley,
        California

Comment

I took my '53 apart and, when I put it back together, the bumper didn't match the brackets at all...until I flipped them over.
          Brad Johnson,
          SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
          '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Sorry I didn't make myself clear. It is the three piece bar set I need, not the face (bumper).
            the parts book lists them as: Bar, support, inner, left, and right. Three pieces. Part numbers
            are 534028p, 534027p, 534026p. Type B. The way to identify the type B is they have small
            bolts holding the bars together, like a 55. Right, Bob, it is the brackets that bolt to the bumper
            and to the frame. Brad, I think someone had switched bumpers or at least brackets, before I
            bought the car. But they are mounted right side up. Anyone have a GOOD set for sale? The
            type B 53 or the 54 C&K ones will work. Thanks a lot.

Comment

the later hawk brackets look a like but must be different some way I can look and see what I have...Bob
              Candbstudebakers
              Castro Valley,
              California

Comment

Bob, the 55 up brackets, bars, arms, what ever we call them are longer on the part towards the frame.
                I have a 55 set and they are different. Let me know when you check. Thanks

Comment

pm sent gary blalock

Comment

Working...
                  X