Studebakers make you smile.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebakers make you smile.

I am having fun driving around in my 53, a little, even though I don't have a grill, headlights, a hood
    and a left door glass. I am STILL havin' fun, and so is my grandaughter.

Then why are`nt you smiling ?

Comment

Looks to me like your making some GREAT memories for you Grandaughter...she is having a blast.

Comment

Originally posted by aarrggh View Post
        Then why are`nt you smiling ?
        He's smiling on the inside? Gotta love '53s.

--george
        1963 Lark Daytona HT - 63V J8 175

Comment

Grandkids and Studebakers, it doesn't get any better than that! Making progress is great!

Pat
          Pat Dilling
          Olivehurst, CA
          Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Dilling View Post
            Grandkids and Studebakers, it doesn't get any better than that! Making progress is great!

Pat
            That's about as well as you can say it!!!! Great shot, Just one question, "How will we know when you're sad, if that's the happy face?"

Bob

Comment

Worried?

He looks like he is thinking...hmmm... I wonder if I tightened those lower control arm bolts? What about the backing plate bolts? Is the engine going to fall out? I might not have torqued the engine mount bolts!
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I just got back from a little run with my '59 Lark VI. I think I was smiling the whole way. That car always makes me smile.
                Our local Stude club chapter is going on a run out east on Long Island to an old Studebaker dealership building, we'll visit a local winery and then to a nice dinner.
                Life is good.
                Rog
                '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                Smithtown,NY
                Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Rog, would that be one of the THREE Helms Bros. Inc. Studebaker Dealers on Long Island, two of which are STILL selling Mercedes Benz?

I think my my '62 Transtar 1 Ton Dually was sold at the Bayside, NY store at: 208-24 Northern Blvd.
                  It was sold July 9, 1962 by Salesman T. Callahan. to William K. D. Shenkel 39-35 213th. St. Bayside, NY

Does everyone in N.Y have double dash addresses? I thought it meant a Commercial address with four or five addresses in one business when they say 208-24, but then I see the Truck buyer's address, and it's also a double dash too! What the...???
                  Last edited by StudeRich; 10-24-2010, 02:47 PM.
                  StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                  SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

All three of the Helms' addresses (and the byuyer's address) are in New York City (Queens) explaining the "strange" addresses.
                    Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Just think how much more fun you could have with a back seat. More seating, more passengers=MORE FUN. Keep up the good work.

Comment

Working...
                      X