"One of amc best"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "One of amc best"

I hate when "dealers" claim to be in business but are too lazy to find out what they're selling

Yes I e-mailed him Beautiful car all the same. If it was an 8 I'd have already bid the opener- schlub seller or not
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

The salesman is probably too young to remember Studebaker. At least he placed in the Studebaker category instead of American Motors. Very nice car, but of course, being a six it won't pull the $ he hopes.
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Comment

I hate those wheel covers on my 64, but I think they look really sharp on the 63.

Nick

Comment

I wonder if you have to be color blind or just ignorant to Install fairly nice Brown seat Covers in a Rose Interior?
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

That is a gorgeous little Lark that would take very, very little to return to bone stock appearance.

I love the formal roofline on '63 4-door sedans.
          Bill Pressler
          Kent, OH
          (formerly Greenville, PA)
          Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
          Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
          1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
          1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
          All are in Australia now

Comment

That car is loaded with bondo. Look at the pictures of the doors from the inside. There's only one door where you can actually see line of the door skin all the way to the bottom. One door is already separating. The front fender wells do not have sharp consistent lines and neither do the bottoms of the doors in relation to the rockers. My guess is there's rust that will soon be blossoming again under a pretty paint job so you might as well pay less and buy one that needs to be done because this one will need to be done again.

ErnieR

Comment

This car looks like one I saw in Hershey. Same mileage and same 90 year old former owner. I could be wrong.
              Last edited by 2moredoors; 10-23-2010, 04:25 PM. Reason: for got to add Seller was asking $6,900.
              sigpic
              55 President Deluxe
              64 Commander
              66 Cruiser

37 Oldsmobile F37 4 Door

Comment

I would like to get the dash!!

Comment

Originally posted by bige View Post
                  That car is loaded with bondo. Look at the pictures of the doors from the inside. There's only one door where you can actually see line of the door skin all the way to the bottom. One door is already separating. The front fender wells do not have sharp consistent lines and neither do the bottoms of the doors in relation to the rockers. My guess is there's rust that will soon be blossoming again under a pretty paint job so you might as well pay less and buy one that needs to be done because this one will need to be done again.

ErnieR
                  Good eyethere bige. I didn't see it at first but after you point it out its pretty obvious.
                  Earle

Comment

I only notice that stuff when I'm NOT buying the car

Actually, appraising cars for trade -ins for 25 years gives me an advantage. Have your dealer principle showing you every dime he lost at auction once a week hones your skills quite well.

ErnieR.

Comment

Originally posted by bige View Post

ErnieR
                      By gum, you're right Ernie. I didn't look that close. Hopefully had I any intention to bid I'd have studied the pictures closer. I've always agreed with your last statement just for this reason; however we know it's always easier and cheaper to pay more for one that's already nice. The trick is to strike a balance
                      Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                      Romans 15:13
                      Deuteronomy 31:6
                      Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Working...
                      X