Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Studebaker Part's depots (number and location)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Part's depots (number and location)

Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

I recall buying out what left of one of the Pa. depots back in the 70's. I was the guy with a few hunderd 53 sedan tail light lenes on sale for a buck each.
    JDP Maryland

Comment

Thanks Richard - will have to see if the Dallas Bldg is still standing. When we moved to Texas the warehouse had closed, but made a visit to a fellow's garage who had gotten the oportunity to "raid" the Dallas warehouse the night before the inventory was scrapped. He raced Studebakers and was invited to pick-up whatever he wanted. He had 100's of heater kits & when asked why he chose those when he could have had anything he wanted the response was "they were close to the loading dock". He bought one of the Bonneville Cars (the Covertible as I recall) took out the engine for his race car and scrapped the rest so there is something worse than selling lenses for a buck JDP.

Comment

Here are some pics of the Dallas Warehouse. It has been redone, but is still standing.

Comment

The Cincinnati depot also still stands. It's next to a railroad underpass and has an addition facing the street that may have been added post-Studebaker. Now I guess you could get the supplies to make a good cup o' joe there: http://www.coffeebreakroasting.com/
          Jacob Newkirk - Owensboro, KY

KEEP AMERICA BEAUTIFUL! Drive a Studebaker!

Comment

I found the Richmond, Virginia depot on google maps. It doesn't look much different to a 1960's photo I have.

Comment

The building that housed the warehouse in Decatur, GA is still "alive-and-well" as some other business. Used to make frequent drives past that location back when it still had the Studebaker sign in place.

Dan Miller
              Auburn, GA

Comment

Working...
              X