My favorite "rat rod"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My favorite "rat rod"

...at least, so far Love what they've done, and I can only imagine the reserve. I'll be watching.....

Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

I like that car too, but I am not sure I would call it a "rat rod." Maybe it is just not finished.
    Joe Roberts
    '61 R1 Champ
    '65 Cruiser
    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

That is very cool. I especially like what he did with the "headliner". Added a little headroom as well.

Comment

I want it!! and its an iowa plate! ...UNfortunatley, I don't have the cash...

Comment

Originally posted by JRoberts View Post
          I like that car too, but I am not sure I would call it a "rat rod." Maybe it is just not finished.
          The term "Rat Rod" is pretty broadly used on all sorts of vehicles. In this case, it is my favorite definition: A car with modern, quality mechanicals that looks like it's fresh out of the pasture.
          The single change I would make to the exterior would be the widest WWs I could find LOVE that car!
          Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Lougie knows what to use.
            White walls say Look at me, Here I am, Love me.
            Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
            101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

It's the wierdest thing. Why would anybody want to drive a car that looks like it's ready to fall to powder? As a body man in a previous life, you'd think it would be a turnoff for me, but I am strangely attracted to that look. Maybe rebelling against $20K paint jobs?
              Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Love it.

Around here there are a '38 Olds and a '37 Pontiac with bodywork similarly presented...the Olds is a rat rod, while the Pontiac is a stock driver barn-find car with mismatched wheels, tattered headliner, et cetera. Time machines both, and very, very photogenic. Wonder what the reserve is on this Champion?

S.

Comment

Who needs a stinking flashy paint job .

Comment

Gee, I must finally be in style.

Working on old cars separates the men from the golfers.

Comment

Working...
                    X