Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Performance parts questions.

Couple of quick questions guys.

1. What is the difference between and R3 and standard 4bbl intake manifold? Will the standard work with the R3 enclosure and possibly repop R3 heads?

2. Will the VS57 supercharger mount on the avanti supercharger brackets without belt alignment issues? I have access to one of those. I also have access to a SN, but I haven't had them both together to compare the sizes, and offsets. Looking at pictures it looks like the VS57 would not line up with the pulleys due to the longer snout.

Thanks,
    Matt
    Last edited by silverhawk1958; 10-20-2010, 04:56 PM.

The largest difference between the R3 and standard intakes is the runner size itself. The R3 is much bigger than a standard one, and won't fit a standard head (Or so I was told). The R3 airbox does fit, or can be made to fit, the standard intake however.

I can't answer the question about the superchargers (although I wish I could); I'm sure a more knowledgeable person will see this soon though.
    Dylan Wills
    Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
    1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
    1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
    1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Correct.
      The R3 intake port is taller than the rest of the Stude V-8 heads.

The heads and manifolds will not work with each other.
      Right now there is only one aftermarket R3 head, and I'm not sure they are currently available...even if they did work..!

Can't help with the supercharger stuff...

Mike

Comment

Just a question for myself real quick Mr.Veghten, on the R3 intakes. Is it true there is a plenum difference as well? I haven't been able to inspect the plenums of a R3 one closely yet.
        Dylan Wills
        Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
        1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
        1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
        1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Working...
        X