It's been raining in So. Cal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's been raining in So. Cal.

But the weather people "said"...it's supposed to clear up by Thursday and be a nice weekend for those comming to the So. Cal. Zone Meet.

But then again...it was supposed to "only" rain Monday as of last Saturday nights news...!
    Then Monday, it was "supposed"....to clear up Tuesday night...and on, and on, and........

Keep our collective fingers crossed for a nice weekend.

Mike

Rain

The nice California weather must have migrated over here to the normally damp Gulf Coast of Texas. We have not had a drop in over a month, weather has been mild, with humidity so low that the Fluorescent lights in my shop actually all work. No tropical storms here this year for a change, either. The only complaint is that I have been having to water far more than is usually necessary this time of year. It is a shame to have good conditions for sand blasting & painting, but being too busy to get any of it done.

Comment

I'm located 2 miles south of LAX and at 7:30 am PDT it's still raining. I wanted to get my 62 Hawk out for a good cleaning in preparation for the meet, but I believe that I'll drive my Silverado to the meet instead. I'm not complaining as we need the rain. Bud

Comment

so, what is the forcast?

What are they saying about Friday -Sat -Sun ? The show is Saturday right?

Comment

Fri. Partly Cloudy.

High 67
          Low54

Sat. Partly Cloudy.

High 71
          Low 54

Sun. Partly Cloudy

High 78
          Low57

Comment

That rain is supposed to move into this area by the weekend. I hope it does because we have had almost no rain for months. I can't remember the last time we mowed the lawn and everything has a brown look.
            "In the heart of Arkansas."
            Searcy, Arkansas
            1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
            1952 2R pickup

Comment

(S) -

Reread my post....

"Supposed to clear up by Thursday"

Mike

Comment

Weatherman:
                The ONLY job you can have, be WRONG 90% of the time, make 6 figures and still keep your job!

Jim
                "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
                their Memorials!

Comment

For those of you keeping score at home- this is the meet being discussed~

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ight=zone+meet

AND~

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ight=zone+meet

StudeDave '57
                  StudeDave '57
                  US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                  SDC Member since 1985

past President
                  Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                  San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                  San Diego Chapter SDC
                  North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

If it rains I want my money back, see you all there.
                    Candbstudebakers
                    Castro Valley,
                    California

Comment

4:30 get-up...5:30 leave home...in the AM...STILL freaken raining in Covina (about 20 miles from the gathering location)...........

BUT...by the time I get to work, in Redondo Beach (43 miles away)....sky is actually visable thru broken clouds.
                      Hopefully...it'll continue to clear.

Mike

Comment

At 7AM it's still overcast, but no rain in the far southwest corner of Hawthorne. The weather channel is saying that there is still a possibility of rain for today and tomorrow. The KFI radio weather report says the same thing. Bud

Comment

Good news, at 8AM, the sun has broken through the overcast for the first time in almost a week. Hopefully we will have nice weather for the meet. Bud

Comment

Yep...just went out to the truck for sumthin to eat.

The sky (Redondo Beach) is about 80% blue sky.
                            Looking East, it's about 60-40..blue sky to medium dark clouds, but looks like the clouds (rain clouds anyway !) are finally on the way out.

Mike

Comment

It's 3:20pm and the sky is overcast and the wind has picked up here in Hawthorne. It kind of feels like rain again. Bud

Comment

Working...
                              X