Rocker shaft oil hole size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocker shaft oil hole size

I need the size of the oil hole in the #1557612 rocker shaft. I have the #1550946 and need to make the hole smaller.
    THANKS
    PAUL LAUSCH

Paul: See Column Three, Rocker Shafts, on Page 15 of the March 2010 Turning Wheels. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Thanks Bob. Do you have any suggestions on doing this, as I am sure these are hard to tap.
      THANKS AGAIN
      PAUL LAUSCH

Comment

Originally posted by 00RACER View Post
        Thanks Bob. Do you have any suggestions on doing this, as I am sure these are hard to tap.
        THANKS AGAIN
        PAUL LAUSCH
        No, Paul, I don't, I am sorry to say. We'll see if anyone else chimes in. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

?

Would'nt it be easier to restrict the passage that feeds it somehow?

I recall another TW article about how the # 1963 Avanti needed this because at max throttle, the valve covers became half full of oil. They drilled the return holes, modified the O press relief valve, and restricted passages somehow. (TW circa 1989)

Comment

I used roll pins to make them smaller.
            Richard
            The annual all Studebaker Nationals and Orphan Car Drag Race is Saturday May 27th 2017 9:00 am at Brown County Dragway in Bean Blossom, Indiana. "Studebaker Drag Racing you can't beat it" For more information contact Richard Poe

Comment

Working...
            X