PDA

View Full Version : ebay wagonaire

gohdes
10-11-2010, 09:48 PM
just checking out some listings while I am waiting for the Vikings to be thrashed by New York.

wow, check out the mileage! what a great runner! must be a Studebaker record of some kind. (j/k, obviously a typo). speaking of typo's, the translation doesn't really work on this one. I am guessing seller is originally from another country.

Anybody have room for this in their "house hole"?
hee, hee, hee.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290486430869&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3ASS%3AUS%3A1123

Milaca
10-11-2010, 09:56 PM
I have no comments about the car, but I want to vent about the Viking's offense....they stink! Try passing on first and second downs! Okay, I'm good now, thanks for listening. :)

StudeRich
10-11-2010, 10:00 PM
Quote: "Do to in a hard ship in your house hole we must sell this project car."

Hmmm, I didn't know I was in a hardship!

This is in Antelope Valley WHERE? Can't be in THIS Country!

gohdes
10-11-2010, 10:09 PM
Hmmm, I didn't know I was in a hardship!

so you're saying you're married? (smirk)

Bullet
10-11-2010, 10:29 PM
Antelope Valley is in SoCal. Still in this country. :-)

Mark

laughinlark
10-11-2010, 10:46 PM
Looks like a nice project. Rebuilt full flow 259, a/c, manual trans. Car is in the Mojave Desert.

Gordon

StudeDave57
10-11-2010, 10:59 PM
Antelope Valley is in SoCal. Still in this country. :-)

Car is in the Mojave Desert.
I'm pretty sure Dad knows were it is-- we lived there for just about a year!!!

He may have been trying to make a joke... :confused:

10-12-2010, 01:32 PM
Mimi Halgren sent out an email Monday about a '63 Daytona Wagonaire for sale and it is in Austrailia (right-hand drive). It had the badging for an R-2 and it did have a supercharger on it, column shift automatic.
Here is the text of the email and the pix are below:

"I received the attached. Looks like a nice car. Pass it along to your clubs if you would.
Thanks,
Mimi
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: mimihalgren@hotmail.com; thomason2@earthlink.net; nlketchum@aol.com; jestinson@aol.com; studebaker@ix.netcom.com; mark@cornerstonereg.com; webmaster@studebakerdriversclub.com; studebaker55@casscomm.com
Subject: car for sale
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 12:54:38 +1100
Hi.
I am selling my 1963 STUDEBAKER LARKE WAGONAIRE.
Would you have anyone interested in buying it???
Regards Warren/Roger Abbott
(02)9797-8296 or 0417-454044
Sydney,NSW (AUSTRALIA)"

stude dude
10-25-2010, 12:03 AM
This wagon is very well known to local club members. The seller has contacted everyone they could find by phone, email or text! It is a nice car, although it is an Australian assembled wagon rather than fully imported as the add says. Also, the original 259 was replaced with a correct rebuilt R2 Avanti engine sourced by my father in the late 1980's. I think the rest of the drive train is original.

StudeRich
10-25-2010, 01:59 AM
That's a nice looking Larke, but I am guessing it will have to stay somewhere "over the Pond", nobody would want to drive a right hand drive.

Bob Andrews
10-25-2010, 04:18 AM
nobody would want to drive a right hand drive.

Don't know why you'd say that? I know I would, and I'm sure there are plenty others that would. In fact, some would prefer it for the novelty!

What a great looking car! Love the WWWs on it. Stude dude, any idea what they want for it in American dollars?

Bob Andrews
10-25-2010, 04:22 AM
just checking out some listings while I am waiting for the Vikings to be thrashed by New York.

wow, check out the mileage! what a great runner! must be a Studebaker record of some kind. (j/k, obviously a typo). speaking of typo's, the translation doesn't really work on this one. I am guessing seller is originally from another country.

Anybody have room for this in their "house hole"?
hee, hee, hee.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290486430869&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3ASS%3AUS%3A1123

Same car, a little more assembled:

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/showthread.php?45563-record-breaking-lark-mileage

stude dude
10-27-2010, 08:27 PM
Don't know why you'd say that? I know I would, and I'm sure there are plenty others that would. In fact, some would prefer it for the novelty!

What a great looking car! Love the WWWs on it. Stude dude, any idea what they want for it in American dollars?

Our currency is pretty much at parity with the US dollar now so I would guess they would be asking $20,000 US!